Installing a water filtration system in your home is a significant investment that has immense benefits. You’ll gain both economically and health-wise. Thus it’s essential to take time to locate the best water filter that will serve your needs. These water filtration systems come in different types; it’s therefore important to get acquitted with how each model functions and the model that will solve your water filtration needs. In this article, you’ll learn about some of the water filtration systems in the market and what to consider when picking these systems.
OUR TOP PICK
- Whole house water filter that protect your family and household appliance from iron, manganese and more: Our 3rd stage iron water filter (FM25B) is specially designed for iron and manganese removal, reducing iron (MAX 3.0 ppm) and manganese (MAX 1.0 ppm). The water filter lasts up to 3 times longer than greensand due to the catalytic media not being consumed in the process. This whole house water filter system also removes sediment, chlorine, rust, herbicides, industrial solvents, and more.
- DIY installation and maintenance - refer to our manual and our helpful YouTube videos for easy DIY installation. With 1 in. NPT inlet / outlet and 20 in. x 4.5 in. water filter cartridges, WGB32BM whole home water filter system has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance.
- Top-notch quality - the first stage high capacity polypropylene sediment filter achieves filtration down to 5 microns. The second stage carbon block filter is made of high quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life. Both water filters are tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI standards. Both water filters have a capacity of 100,000 Gal. of water, enough to supply a family of four with clean water for a full year.
- Peace of mind customer service - register online to activate your 1-year manufacturer warranty and life-time free tech support from U.S. local support team. We stand behind our products and if you encounter any problems with any of our products please reach out to us immediately. We are happy to help!
- Please note - this whole house water filter is installed at the main water supply line in order to treat all the water in your home; unlike an RO system, this whole house water filtration system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) and instead keeps healthy minerals in your water; if you are interested in a filter that removes TDS consider our iSpring Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems. The cartridges are individually wrapped to ensure freshness. Please unwrap the cartridges before use.
If you feel a water filtration system is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best cookware set on amazon or best scoops ice cream or best baking sheets or best air fryer toaster oven with rotisserie or best dishwasher brand or best meat slicers for home or best pellet grill under 300 or best cloth for cleaning counters or best size sashimi knife.
What is in your water?
When deciding to install a water filtration system in your home, you should first determine what is in your water. In simple terms, what are you planning to remove in the water? In this respect, it’s vital to take a sample of your water to a testing laboratory for analysis. Alternatively, you can determine what’s in the water from the annual water quality report that comes with your water utility. You may also use a home testing kit to analyses your water. The report will show the contaminants and impurities in the water, and it will act as a guide on the filtration system to install in your home.
Pick the right filter
After getting the water analysis report, it’s upon you to select the right water filtration system according to the contaminants and impurities in the water. You’ll realize that some filters are excellent in getting out chlorine, while others are effective in dealing with metals and microorganisms. Read the labels on the filter to know its use. You may also contact the sales assistants or customer care attendants in the case of online shopping. In your shopping, its vital to choose water filtration systems that are certified by NSF, which is a public health organization takes with ensuring the filtration systems work as described by the manufacturers. If you see an NSF seal on the water filtration system, it means the product has been tested and certified. If you have challenges finding an NSF certified system, you can visit the NSF site for details.
Typically these systems work in three major ways. Some use a filter to block the contaminants, while others use a chemical process to deal with the pollutants in the water. Another category of these water filtration systems uses ultraviolet light to make your water clean and safe for use. No matter the method of filtration, it’s essential to choose a durable system. Most of these water filtration systems come in stainless steel or plastic casing. This means some will last long, while others may need to be replaced frequently.
Common types of water filtration systems
When doing your research, you’ll realize we have three main types of water filtration systems in the market. They are classified in terms of complexity from simple to advanced systems. They include:
This is the simplest form of water purification system in the market. They clean the water by moving it by gravity via a filter. This system is easy to use since they need no setup. But you’ll have to refill tithe pitcher to ensure you have enough water to drink.
As the name describes, these systems treat all the water used in the house and are usually installed at the point the water enters the house. AS water enters your home from the municipal feed, it’s treated and channeled to all parts of the house.
In addition, you can install a salt-free water softener in your home besides the water filtration systems we have discussed above. These systems are ideal for those who wish to limit the buildup of scale in plumbing pipes and appliances in their homes. These systems are best installed at the point the water enters your home.
The need in your home
The water filtration system is designed to solve different water problems. For example, if your water has lots of sediment, you’ll require a reverse-osmosis system; these systems utilize a semipermeable membrane to filter the particles in the water. If microorganisms invest your water, you’ll need to install ultraviolet filters to sterilize the microorganisms in the water. On the other hand, if you want to deal with hard water, you’ll need to install an ion-exchange softener. If you wish to eliminate odors and improve the taste of the water, activated-carbon and oxidizing filters are the best. If you target to solve several problems in the water, then go for a water filtration system that combines several technologies.Installing a water filtration system in your home is one of the best investments you can make in your home. In the market, you’ll find several types of water filters; it’s thus essential to choose a water storage and filtration system that will address the needs in your home. Additionally, select a product that is certified by NFS to ensure it’ll last long and solve your water problem.