Are you opting to be carrying your lunch to school, workplace, or during a picnic? Well you should get yourself a lunch box. Lunch is an essential meal of the day. Some people prefer home-packed meals rather than walking to the nearest fast food joint or restaurant close to them. Packed lunch is a good option because one can closely monitor their diets. Additionally, packed lunch also saves one a great deal of money that can be used for other purposes.
There are a variety of foods that are suitable to be carried in a lunch box. These foods include; fresh fruits, vegetables, foods rich in protein like boiled eggs, pieces of lean meat, nut paste, dairy foods like yogurt or milk, water, and starchy food like crackers or bread. Placing various varieties of food in your lunch box ensures that one takes a balanced diet and keeps watch of what one eats. One can also opt to carry frozen foods. Some of the foods that are suitable to freeze are bread, cooked meat, baked beans, mashed eggs, cheese, or peanut butter.
Lunch box and different types of lunch boxes
A lunch tote is essential in ensuring that ones’ food is safe and fresh during carriage and at the time of consumption. It is very vital to choose a lunch box that will best suit ones’ needs and large enough to accommodate the food and drinks that one wishes to carry. There are a variety of lunch containers available designed to meet the various unique needs of different people. One can use an insulated lunch box or a traditional lunch box.
Traditional lunch box
A conventional lunch containers usually has one compartment that is used to store all the food. Traditional lunch boxes are either made of stainless steel or plastic material. The are several advantages associated with conventional lunch containers. These are;
- They are cheap. The conventional lunch containers are usually readily available and at a low price. The low-price range saves one a lot of money.
- They are readily available. Unlike the sophisticated and classy lunch containers like insulated containers, the traditional lunch containers are readily available in the market.
- The traditional lunch is an excellent choice when one does not need to carry a lot of foodstuffs.
An insulated lunch boxes
Carrying food in an insulated lunch box is one way of bringing food to school or the place of work. The insulated lunch boxes are designed such that they maintain the food temperature for a long time and ensure that the food stays fresh for a considerable amount of time. Insulated lunch boxes have got two layers with a vacuum between them that ensures that the temperature of the stored food remains constant. The following are some of the advantages that are associated with carrying food using an insulated lunch box.
- Keeps food at the desired temperatures: The insulated lunch box is designed to maintain the temperature of the food for a more extended period. If the food is either cold or hot, the covered lunch will maintain its original temperature so that one enjoys the food as they desire. This feature of the lunch boxes saves one a lot of time looking for a microwave to heat the food or worrying that the frozen food carried from will unfreeze before lunchtime.
- Ensures on sticks to a healthy diet: While taking food to take to the workplace, picnic, or for children to take to school, it is always very crucial to pack a balanced diet. Packing food for oneself or others is very beneficial in that one will control the amount of each type of food that is packed. The insulated lunch boxes usually have several food storage areas that help one to pack a variety of foods like proteins, starchy foods, fruits, and drinks in one box.
- Saves one a lot of money: Buying food each day from a fast food joint or a restaurant can be economically overwhelming at times. Additionally, the insulated lunch boxes save one money used in buying plastic sandwich bags that are usually disposed of after use.
The Bottom Line
Lunch boxes are vital for one who chooses to carry food to the office, school, or when going out for a picnic. There are various lunch pails to choose from like the traditional lunch containers or the insulated lunch totes. It is, therefore, essential to make a wise selection before purchasing a lunch box.