Everyone needs the perfect container for storing their food in the house. This is not something that is for people who love to cook and bake, but it is something that all of us with a kitchen need to consider. The way we store our food can affect the quality and life span of that particular food item. Plastic containers may seem like something that does not need much thought when it comes to having to purchase it, but it is rather important that you find the best food storage containers to store your food correctly. This article is going to help you find the ideal plastic bottles that you can use for storing the various food items in your kitchen, giving you the ultimate guide to buying plastic containers.
The focus is going to be on plastic containers. Plastic containers aren’t as simple as you may think, there are various kinds of containers, and this can make it confusing for the buyer to choose just the perfect vessels. This article is going to provide you with reviews of the different containers that you are able to find on Amazon in an effort to make it easier for you to purchase the best food storage containers for your kitchen.
In a Hurry? Check the Best Plastic Storage Containers From Amazon. Just Check the Product Link, the Detail and Price.
If you feel a plastic storage box is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best kitchen glass storage containers or the lunch boxes that keep food warm for hours or the best water storage container for emergencies or the best ice bucket for outdoors or best dog food container airtight.
To get your hands on the best food storage containers, factor in the following considerations:
Deciding what kind of storage container to use may be a bit challenging. I hope that these reviews have helped you to get a quick summary of the good and the bad of the storage container.
Before you decide on which type of storage you are going to use, you need first to see what your needs are for your kitchen or for your dining. Plastic containers are the best option, in my opinion, as they will last longer and won’t break if you drop them. They are also light weight, which means you won’t have to be dragging them around or have your child carrying a heavy bag due to the type of containers you use.
When it comes storage in the kitchen, it all boils down to the perfect food containers and kitchen storage containers for maybe the utensils. You need to find the best food appliance that will work for your kitchen and your family.
Let us start it out with a review of the best food storage containers:
1. Freshware Food Storage Containers with Lids [40 Pack, 8oz]
- These containers are perfect for your meal preparations. If you are the kind of person who likes to make your food in advance and store it in the fridge, then this product is for you.
- These containers are perfect for storing anything from cut up fruit to soups.
- The lid is secure enough to ensure that no liquid spills over.
- Containers are stackable.
- These containers are also safe for use in the microwave; dishwasher, and they are also freezer safe.
- At $12.99, these containers are a steal, as you get a pack of 40 bottles.
- The plastic is known to be very brittle, which means that it is not strong, and it snaps rather easily.
- Containers with the rims cracked.
- Bottle cracked while it was in the dishwasher.
2. Freshware Food Storage Containers with Lids [24 Pack, 32oz]
- These containers are also perfect for meal preparations.
- They are stackable
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe to put in the refrigerator.
- They are described as heavy duty plastic containers that can save you time and money.
- They are 100% food safe as they are made from BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free materials.
- According to the buyers, these containers keep on snapping.
3. Freshware Food Storage Containers with Lids [36 Pack, 16oz]
Just like the previous containers, these are still made by the same company. It’s now up to you to decide what size you’d like to purchase because I’ve given you enough information about the containers and the tons of uses you might need them for. If you do have little children or even just for yourself, you might enjoy these containers for fruit that is cut up. Instead of having to cut the fruit up for the little one, you can grab an already packed one from the fridge. These containers aren’t only for the refrigerator, but also for dry ingredients, so you can store your nuts, sugar, flour and various other things in there too, but remember to be careful with those snappy lids.
- There are only 8% 1-star reviews
- 71% 5-star reviews, so if it were my choice
4. Superior Glass Round Meal Prep Containers
Now here’s something a little different. I know we were talking about plastic containers, but there are just so many options for storage that I can’t help but have to share all the possibilities with you. If you are not a big fan of plastic containers, this is something you can have a look at purchasing. Glass is also good for kitchen storage and at $17.99, I’d take my chances.
- Lid locks, which means that it is 100% leak proof.
- Containers are not only great for the fridge but are also safe for oven use.
- That is opening your delivery box and finding a broken container. Glass is just so sensitive and if it is mishandled in even the slightest way it can be broken.
5. Dart Container Dart 5" Clear Hinged Plastic Food Take Out To-Go/Clamshell Container 100 Pack (pack of 100)
I’d say that this option is for those who are in the restaurant business or any form of marketing that has to deal with food.
- $17.29 for a pack of 100
- This container has a dual lock
- The side walls are curved, which increases its durability and handling.
- People are receiving an incorrect packet
- Receiving dirty containers.
6. Deli Containers with Lids, 16 oz
This is another container that I often see being used for taking outs by restaurants.
- These containers are BPA free and safe to use in the microwave.
- At $14.99 for a pack of 40, the price is not so bad.
- These containers are heavy duty, stackable, and reusable.
- They cave in when in the microwave.
- These containers also have a tendency of being broken during shipment
- They are not very clear, which will make it challenging to see what’s inside.
- They can be a little too difficult to open for most people as the lid sits tightly.
7. Freshware Meal Prep Containers [15 Pack]
No, keep reading, these containers are a little different to the ones I mentioned earlier, even though it’ the same brand, you might like these containers best.
- These containers are perfect for lunch boxes and have a divide on the inside so you can put two different food items.
- For $$ , you can get yourself a pack of 15 containers.
- They are easy to stack; you can use them in the microwave and also in the dishwasher.
- They also help with portion control, for those who like to keep their calories in check.
- The product might not be as microwave safe as they stated.
- The compartments are also a bit shallow and in the midst of all that.
- Snapping lids.
8. Snapware Airtight 29-Cup Rectangular Food Storage Container
So this container costs $12.49, let’s see what it is all about.
- This container is perfect for storing your meal preparations and keeping them fresh for longer.
- With four locking tabs, it is completely leak proof.
- It is BPA free and safe for both microwave and dishwasher.
- The container has a handle at the top, which makes it easy for you to carry around.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
- The container leaks and
- The dimensions and size are smaller than what is actually advertised.
9. YouCopia 50100 StoraLid Food Container Lid Organizer
Now, this is something I’d go ahead and purchase immediately. I’m sure I’m not the only person who struggles to find lids for the containers when I need them.
- This product can hold both round and square container lids.
- It also comes with five long adjustable dividers.
- It is easy to clean and only takes a minute to set up. Doesn’t this sound perfect?
- The product doesn’t always fit in the cabinet, and it also has an issue with the lids not providing the way they should.
10. AmazonBasics Glass Locking Food Storage Containers - 20-Piece Set
And lastly, at $21.20, you can get this amazing 20-piece glass storage container set. I honestly believe I left the best for last.
- This set comes with containers that are different in size. If you purchase this set, you’ll always have a container to store something in.
- It is also BPA FREE. It is safe for the oven, microwave, dishwasher, freezer, anything really. Just make sure you handle it with care because it is glass after all.
- As this is glass, a few people have struggled with receiving a few containers that are broken.
- The only other problem that I need to mention is that there have been reports of the lids not fitting. This was my favorite product, and I hope you’ll consider buying it for
11. Sterilite 64 Quart Clear Storage container
Our another favorite option is the Sterilite Latching 64-Quart Storage Box because it may be used either for short-term storage in a home’s closets or for long-term storage in a garden shed. Both of these uses would benefit greatly from a lightweight, compact storage box with a lockable cover.
These latches are strong, well-designed, and simple to use. If the bin were to topple over in your closet or attic, your belongings would be safe within. You may put your items in here for a month or even years since the sturdy plastic prevents moisture and dust from getting in. It will be easy to see what’s inside your bins when it’s time to take them back.
These multipurpose containers are available singly or in packs of six, but we have a hunch you’ll want to stock up if you need to keep a lot of things out of the way, like seasonal apparel or decorations for the holidays. Each bin can store 64 gallons of items, making them one of the biggest options out there.
There is a cutout in the lids so that the containers may be stacked neatly and securely on top of one another. If you need to store anything solid and flat, be aware that they taper somewhat towards the bottom. These bins are not made of high-density plastic, but they are still sturdy enough to hold a lot of trash without breaking.
12. W&P Peak Silicone Everyday Ice Tray
Providing a balanced dinner for a baby who will be eating from the freezer might be difficult because of the need to keep serving sizes minimal. With W&P’s silicone tray, you can freeze 12 cubes of different purees at once, then easily remove them from their molds when you need them. As you add and remove purée and cubes, the tray’s steel-embedded perimeter ensures stability. Although the silicone cover doesn’t lock in place, it sits firmly enough on top of the tray to be stacked with other frozen food containers.
The tray can be cleaned by hand with little effort and will not absorb stains from even highly pigmented foods like raspberries. A W&P Cup Cubes Freezer Tray is available for purchase when you need more substantial servings.
13. Rubbermaid Commercial Products Brute Tote Storage Container with Lid
This Rubbermaid Commercial Storage Container is a 20-gallon, ultra-durable bin from the same Rubbermaid product line as the wheeled gray trash cans often seen in public places. The dumpsters are up to par with the criteria set by NSF International (National Sanitation Foundation), making them suitable for use in restaurants and other commercial kitchens.
In moist or humid environments like basements, garages, or outdoor storage sheds, this container would be ideal. The mildew-preventing drainage holes in the handles add to the ergonomic design. If you need to pull it across your driveway, the ribbed bottom will keep it together. All containers have recessed lids for stacking convenience. Customers have used them for a variety of purposes, including kitty litter, power tools, and even an aquaponics rock garden. As the contents of the bins cannot be seen through the opaque surface, it is important to identify them for easy access.
14. Snapware Total Solution 5-Cup Plastic Food Storage Container with Lid
Though you may get ice cream in cup-shaped containers in the freezer aisle at your local supermarket, these containers aren’t ideal for keeping homemade ice cream. If you want your ice cream to freeze quickly with little ice crystals, you should store it in a flat or slender rectangular container.
The 5-cup rectangle container from Snapware is just what you need, and it won’t break the bank. Single-wall plastic is easily permeable by cold air, which rapidly freezes the contents. You can put a quart of your handmade ice cream, gelato, or sorbet in there, and you can even add some extra toppings like fruit and chocolate chips for variety. Frozen food won’t spoil as quickly thanks to the gasket and four locking tabs on the top.
The container is sturdy enough to stack with others, and its rectangular design makes it simple to slide an ice cream scoop down its length. Extra points are awarded for the fact that the lid may be used as a flavor board; just write the flavor name on it, and then wipe it off before washing it by hand or on the top rack of the dishwasher.
15. Joseph Joseph Nest Lock Plastic Food Storage Container Set
While the glass version of Joseph Joseph’s containers scored poorly in the same tests, the plastic version well beyond our expectations. We dropped the plastic multiple times on the ground, yet it never leaked. For all the plastic sets we examined, this was the only one that stayed tightly closed even after repeated drops.
There was very little degradation even after being exposed to our vivid soup. The brightly colored lids were a nice touch, and the modular stacking design was a great way to save room. However, if you enjoy the notion of having storage containers with lids that snap together into a colorful little pyramid, the Nest Lock set offers at a somewhat higher price than comparable plastic container sets.
Let us ask and answer some frequently asked questions about the best food storage containers:
According to the findings of several pieces of research, BPA may leach into food or drinks stored in containers that are produced with BPA. There are grounds for worry over the potential adverse effects that exposure to BPA may have on the brain and prostate gland of developing fetuses, babies, and children. Additionally, it may have an effect on the conduct of youngsters.
A container is considered to be of food grade quality if it does not leach any chemicals into the food that it contains that are not food-safe. The Food and Drug Administration of the United States warns that non-food grade plastic containers have the potential to contaminate food. In order to ensure that plastic food storage containers are free from health risks, various regulations must be adhered to.
In general, the selections 1, 2, 4, and 5 are the most reliable when it comes to food safety. Avoiding plastic containers with the numbers 3, 6, and 7 is something that is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Plastic number 3 is made of vinyl or polyvinyl chloride (PVC), plastic number 6 is made of polystyrene, and plastic number 7 is made of a variety of polymers, including bisphenol A. (BPA).
Glass is a more hygienic material than plastic. Glass does not allow bacteria and food particles to adhere to its surface since it is nonporous (and smells). Glass may be cleaned in the dishwasher at temperatures as high as 125 degrees Fahrenheit without causing any damage. Glass containers are very versatile and may be used several times, which results in cost savings for the owner.
Containers made of plastic are an excellent choice for storing anything. They keep nicely together and may be of great assistance in putting order into a storage space. They are available in such a wide variety of forms and dimensions that it is simple to locate one that meets your specific requirements. This kind of container is ideal for the simple storage of foods that have a significant amount of liquid.
I strongly believe that plastic containers are the way to go, and I know people can have a lot of questions about them. Most people want to know how safe they are. They are relatively safe if you take into consideration that they must be BPA free. Others want to know about the cost. Plastic containers are the most affordable type of storage that you can get for your kitchen. People also want to know if plastic containers can be recycled, the answer is yes, especially for the containers that are used for takeout, and also remember that reusing something is also a part of recycling. There are so many questions that you might have on using a plastic container, but trust me, the ones I have suggested in the article are safe and also affordable for your kitchen.
Also, remember that you can opt for the glass storage option. People always ask why glass is better than plastic containers, well it’s simple, glass doesn’t absorb any food and liquids which plastic does, and it also doesn’t have any of the harmful chemicals you might find in plastic. Glass is also easy to clean and ensure that it is absolutely free of all germs, cause unlike plastic, it won’t absorb anything. Over time, your plastic containers might change color and have a smell, whereas glass will not as it is cleaned much easier.
I know that I have given you a lot to think about. I hope that with this article you will be able to right choice the best food storage containers for your kitchen. We all have our preferences on what we like in our kitchen and how we want our kitchen to look, but this is something you can’t avoid, you will always need storage containers in the kitchen. So take your time and look at the information I have given you, click on the links and see what will make you and your kitchen happy.
- Best drinking water storage containers reviews and buying guide – w3onlineshopping.com
- Best buckets for ice reviews and buying guide – w3onlineshopping
- Best lunch box gadgets reviews and buying guide – w3 online shopping
- Best dry dog food storage containers reviews and buying guide
- Best glass airtight food storage containers reviews and buying guide – w3onlineshopping.com
- Best container for keeping sourdough starter reviews and buying guide
7 thoughts on “THE 15 BEST PLASTIC CONTAINERS 2023 – REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE”
Yes, these containers are long lasting. Need of the hour to ban single use plastic.
I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve
made my day! Thanks again!
I’ve been surfing on-line more than 3 hours nowadays, yet I by no means found any fascinating article like yours.It’s pretty worth enough for me. thanks
I think When it comes to meal prep containers, I look for containers that are durable and reusable, can be used in both cold storage and warmed up and are non-toxic.
These are great for storing leftover soup. If you keep tomato-based soup in them, anticipate some discoloration to occur on the dishwasher’s top rack. Keep some air space in them if you plan on freezing anything.
These are mostly used for cold oats. They are “air tight” in the sense that the lid dome really pops up as a result of the air pressure once the lid is secured. So far, there have been no spills, but for the drive to work, I place the containers in a gallon ziploc bag and then inside a large bag to ensure that nothing may cut, grab, or damage the lid while in travel.
I was quite pleased with these containers, particularly considering the low price. The glass is hefty and seems to be of good quality. The tops are simple to put on and take off.