Everyone needs the perfect container for storing their food in the house. This is not something that is for people who love to cook and bake, but it is something that all of us with a kitchen need to consider. The way we store our food can affect the quality and life span of that particular food item. Plastic containers may seem like something that does not need much thought when it comes to having to purchase it, but it is rather important that you find the best food storage containers to store your food correctly. This article is going to help you find the ideal plastic bottles that you can use for storing the various food items in your kitchen, giving you the ultimate guide to buying plastic containers.
The focus is going to be on plastic containers. Plastic containers aren’t as simple as you may think, there are various kinds of containers, and this can make it confusing for the buyer to choose just the perfect vessels. This article is going to provide you with reviews of the different containers that you are able to find on Amazon in an effort to make it easier for you to purchase the best food storage containers for your kitchen.
If you feel a plastic storage box is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best kitchen glass storage containers or the lunch boxes that keep food warm for hours or the best water storage container for emergencies or the best ice bucket for outdoors or best dog food container airtight.
In a Hurry? Check the Best Plastic Storage Containers From Amazon. Just Check the Product Link, the Detail and Price.
To get your hands on the best food storage containers, factor in the following considerations:
Deciding what kind of storage container to use may be a bit challenging. I hope that these reviews have helped you to get a quick summary of the good and the bad of the storage container.
Before you decide on which type of storage you are going to use, you need first to see what your needs are for your kitchen or for your dining. Plastic containers are the best option, in my opinion, as they will last longer and won’t break if you drop them. They are also light weight, which means you won’t have to be dragging them around or have your child carrying a heavy bag due to the type of containers you use.
When it comes storage in the kitchen, it all boils down to the perfect food containers and kitchen storage containers for maybe the utensils. You need to find the best food storage containers that will work for your kitchen and your family.
Let us start it out with a review of the best food storage containers:
- These containers are perfect for your meal preparations. If you are the kind of person who likes to make your food in advance and store it in the fridge, then this product is for you.
- These containers are perfect for storing anything from cut up fruit to soups.
- The lid is secure enough to ensure that no liquid spills over.
- Containers are stackable.
- These containers are also safe for use in the microwave; dishwasher, and they are also freezer safe.
- At $12.99, these containers are a steal, as you get a pack of 40 bottles.
I’m sure by now, you are ready to purchase these amazing containers, but it’s also important that I let you know about the experience of some of the buyers.
- The plastic is known to be very brittle, which means that it is not strong, and it snaps rather easily.
- Containers with the rims cracked.
- Bottle cracked while it was in the dishwasher.
Just like the previous containers
- These containers are also perfect for meal preparations.
- They are stackable
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe to put in the refrigerator.
- They are described as heavy duty plastic containers that can save you time and money.
- They are 100% food safe as they are made from BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free materials.
Much like the previous containers, there are many complaints about the quality of plastic that is being used. Maybe the company needs to change the plastic they are using.
- According to the buyers, these containers keep on snapping.
Just like the previous containers, these are still made by the same company. It’s now up to you to decide what size you’d like to purchase because I’ve given you enough information about the containers and the tons of uses you might need them for. If you do have little children or even just for yourself, you might enjoy these containers for fruit that is cut up. Instead of having to cut the fruit up for the little one, you can grab an already packed one from the fridge. These containers aren’t only for the refrigerator, but also for dry ingredients, so you can store your nuts, sugar, flour and various other things in there too, but remember to be careful with those snappy lids.
If you are one, who believes in seeing the statistics.
- There are only 8% 1-star reviews
- 71% 5-star reviews, so if it were my choice
Now here’s something a little different. I know we were talking about plastic containers, but there are just so many options for storage that I can’t help but have to share all the possibilities with you. If you are not a big fan of plastic containers, this is something you can have a look at purchasing. Glass is also good for kitchen storage and at $17.99, I’d take my chances.
- Lid locks, which means that it is 100% leak proof.
- Containers are not only great for the fridge but are also safe for oven use.
Lucky for you, there’s only one disadvantage to this one.
- That is opening your delivery box and finding a broken container. Glass is just so sensitive and if it is mishandled in even the slightest way it can be broken.
5. Dart Container Dart 5" Clear Hinged Plastic Food Take Out To-Go/Clamshell Container 100 Pack (pack of 100)
I’d say that this option is for those who are in the restaurant business or any form of marketing that has to deal with food.
- $17.29 for a pack of 100
- This container has a dual lock
- The side walls are curved, which increases its durability and handling.
Not everything is perfect, so there are a few issues with these containers
- People are receiving an incorrect packet
- Receiving dirty containers.
This is another container that I often see being used for taking outs by restaurants.
- These containers are BPA free and safe to use in the microwave.
- At $14.99 for a pack of 40, the price is not so bad.
- These containers are heavy duty, stackable, and reusable.
Ok, so let’s move on to the cons.
- They cave in when in the microwave.
- These containers also have a tendency of being broken during shipment
- They are not very clear, which will make it challenging to see what’s inside.
- They can be a little too difficult to open for most people as the lid sits tightly.
No, keep reading, these containers are a little different to the ones I mentioned earlier, even though it’ the same brand, you might like these containers best.
- These containers are perfect for lunch boxes and have a divide on the inside so you can put two different food items.
- For $$ , you can get yourself a pack of 15 containers.
- They are easy to stack; you can use them in the microwave and also in the dishwasher.
- They also help with portion control, for those who like to keep their calories in check.
So there are a few things I need to mention.
- The product might not be as microwave safe as they stated.
- The compartments are also a bit shallow and in the midst of all that.
- Snapping lids.
So this container costs $12.49, let’s see what it is all about.
- This container is perfect for storing your meal preparations and keeping them fresh for longer.
- With four locking tabs, it is completely leak proof.
- It is BPA free and safe for both microwave and dishwasher.
- The container has a handle at the top, which makes it easy for you to carry around.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
Ok, the bad news isn’t so bad because there are only two things that you need to worry about.
- The container leaks and
- The dimensions and size are smaller than what is actually advertised.
Now, this is something I’d go ahead and purchase immediately. I’m sure I’m not the only person who struggles to find lids for the containers when I need them.
- This product can hold both round and square container lids.
- It also comes with five long adjustable dividers.
- It is easy to clean and only takes a minute to set up. Doesn’t this sound perfect?
Like before, there are only a couple of things I need to mention.
- The product doesn’t always fit in the cabinet, and it also has an issue with the lids not providing the way they should.
And lastly, at $21.20, you can get this amazing 20-piece glass storage container set. I honestly believe I left the best for last.
- This set comes with containers that are different in size. If you purchase this set, you’ll always have a container to store something in.
- It is also BPA FREE. It is safe for the oven, microwave, dishwasher, freezer, anything really. Just make sure you handle it with care because it is glass after all.
Ok, like always, I have to mention the things that ruin the excitement.
- As this is glass, a few people have struggled with receiving a few containers that are broken.
- The only other problem that I need to mention is that there have been reports of the lids not fitting. This was my favorite product, and I hope you’ll consider buying it for
Let us ask and answer some frequently asked questions about the best food storage containers:
- Why Plastic containers?
I strongly believe that plastic containers are the way to go, and I know people can have a lot of questions about them. Most people want to know how safe they are. They are relatively safe if you take into consideration that they must be BPA free. Others want to know about the cost. Plastic containers are the most affordable type of storage that you can get for your kitchen. People also want to know if plastic containers can be recycled, the answer is yes, especially for the containers that are used for takeout, and also remember that reusing something is also a part of recycling. There are so many questions that you might have on using a plastic container, but trust me, the ones I have suggested in the article are safe and also affordable for your kitchen.
2. Why Glass Containers?
Also, remember that you can opt for the glass storage option. People always ask why glass is better than plastic containers, well it’s simple, glass doesn’t absorb any food and liquids which plastic does, and it also doesn’t have any of the harmful chemicals you might find in plastic. Glass is also easy to clean and ensure that it is absolutely free of all germs, cause unlike plastic, it won’t absorb anything. Over time, your plastic containers might change color and have a smell, whereas glass will not as it is cleaned much easier.
I know that I have given you a lot to think about. I hope that with this article you will be able to right choice the best food storage containers for your kitchen. We all have our preferences on what we like in our kitchen and how we want our kitchen to look, but this is something you can’t avoid, you will always need storage containers in the kitchen. So take your time and look at the information I have given you, click on the links and see what will make you and your kitchen happy.
- Best drinking water storage containers reviews and buying guide – w3onlineshopping.com
- Best buckets for ice reviews and buying guide – w3onlineshopping
- Best lunch box gadgets reviews and buying guide – w3 online shopping
- Best dry dog food storage containers reviews and buying guide
- Best glass airtight food storage containers reviews and buying guide – w3onlineshopping.com
- Best container for keeping sourdough starter reviews and buying guide