Steam cleaning has recently become popular in the home cleaning market simply because it offers the consumer a whole host of advantages. Steam cleaning is a style that is healthier and greener, and it is convenient as well. Just add water to your steam cleaner and away you go! A steam cleaner also works well for those who have allergies and who might be sensitive to dust mites and other microscopic items that cannot be seen but could still be affecting your health. A steam cleaning unit will also consist of the main machine along with a mop. Luckily, there are several different units on the market today. There is truly a type that fits each and every preference! Consider some of these options:
OUR TOP PICK
- Powered hard floor mop scrubs your floors so you don't have to
- Safe for cleaning sealed, hard surface floors; 28 ounce clean water tank capacity. Power rating : 0.9 ampere
- Includes soft touch pads for gentle cleaning on hardwood floors and scrubby pads for tough, sticky messes
- Reduces cleaning effort with power spin pads for a hands and knees clean. Carpet attachment-no
- On demand spray allows you to dispense just the right amount of solution onto your floors
Steam Cleaners and Mop Buckets Types
Cylinder Steam Mop
One of the most popular types of steam cleaning units is the cylinder variety. Of course, some will shirk away from this version simply because it can be quite bulky and hard to store. However, once you get past that obstacle you will find that this version will leave your floors with an efficient and clean shine each and every time. A cylinder mop will have a larger size due to the large water tank that is attached to it. However, this is an important component because it will allow you to do larger jobs without having to be constantly refilling the tank.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more.
- 20 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 90 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 58 PSI steam pressure.
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 7-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
Moreover, this large water tank will make this example very versatile. This will make cleaning curtains, clothes, counters, and floors a total breeze. This cylinder version is a bit more expensive than other versions, but it is well worth it if it gets your living area clean.
Vapor Steam Cleaners
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE CLEANING - Bring professional-grade steam cleaning to your home with the premium Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaner and effectively clean and sanitize bathrooms, kitchens, floors, furniture, bedding, auto interiors, and so much more. The high-capacity, 1.6-liter tank delivers steam at 220 degrees Fahrenheit continuously for up to 60 minutes.
- SANITIZE WITHOUT CHEMICALS - The Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaner uses only water, allowing you to clean your home without the need for toxic, harsh and expensive chemicals. Enjoy the cleaning power of ultra-high temperature, low moisture steam.
- OVER 20 ATTACHMENTS - With a retractable cord and over 20 easy-to-access extensions and attachments, the MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaner makes cleaning simple. Disinfect multiple surfaces like ovens, grills, appliances, showers, mirrors, toys, carpet, upholstery, grout and hard-surface floors while removing dirt, grease, grime and stains.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Built for a lifetime of use, the value of our professional-grade steam cleaners are unmatched. To illustrate our commitment to quality, all Vapamore products have a lifetime manufacturer warranty. We also offer USA-based phone and email support, with all parts and accessories available and in stock.
- THE VAPAMORE DIFFERENCE - Founded in Italy, the origin of steam cleaning, Vapamore combines the most powerful elements of nature (water and heat) into the world‘s most advanced steam cleaning technology. In the Italian language, “vapore” means “steam” and “amore” means “love.” Hence, “the love of steam.”
These vapor steam cleaners offer the same benefits of a cylinder steam cleaner but they come with different attachments that will help you clean almost any surface. This version is one of the best to buy because it offers you the ability to “dry” clean a surface due to the high temperatures it employs when it is operating. The dry clean will help you avoid damaging the surface because this type of steam cleaner will not put out any excess moisture.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets..Power Source : Battery Powered
- A Safer And Easier Way To Clean Homes With Pets. No Need To Use Harsh Chemicals On Your Floors
- The Lift-Off Pet Model Features A 2-In-1 Steam Mop, Allowing You To Tackle Pet Messes Both On And Above Your Floors
- The Lift-Off Pet Model Includes 13 Versatile Tools For Use With The Handheld Steam Cleaner; Heater Warm-Up Time: 30 Seconds
- Eliminate 99. 9% Of Germs And Bacteria With The Natural Power Of Steam. Power Rating : 1500 Watts
Steam Mops are great because they incorporate other personal tastes. This is because they resemble a typical stick vacuum cleaner. Moreover, they are good because they are upright and lightweight. The steam mop attached to this will go a long way in killing off bacteria and parasites, simply because it will put off the required high heat you need. This is why it is so popular in many households. Another reason is because this example is not only eco-friendly but also free of harsh detergents. You probably should keep in mind that this device doesn’t work well for cleaning corners, counters, or other difficult-to-reach areas. Of course, you will need to refill this area regularly when doing larger jobs.
Handheld Steam Cleaner
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.Water Filter: No.Carry Handle : Yes
- CLEAN AND SANITIZE WITH THE POWER OF STEAM. 1000 watts of steam power to eliminate 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria from a variety of hard surfaces. Use as instructed. Results may vary. Tested under controlled laboratory conditions without tools.
- CHEMICAL FREE. Completely Chemical-Free With No Harmful Fumes Or Residue
- 1000-WATT POWER RATING. Power Cord Length Is 20 Feet
- 10 MULTI-SURFACE TOOLS INCUDED. Includes Accessory Nozzle, Extension Hose, Flat Scraping Tool, Grout Brush, Fabric Steamer, Window Squeegee, Angle Concentrator, And Detail Brush. Bristles on brushes may deform over time with the combination of high-heat and friction.
Handheld steam cleaners are quite popular, and its probably because they can easily clean countertops, garments, upholstery and many other items. The water comes from a small tank and the cleaning fluid is made from the steam. You can apply a pressurized spray to clean grime, dirt and many different types of stains off many different surfaces. One of the reasons we love these handheld options so much is because they are lightweight and powerful. They are well-known for being effective even on hard-to-clean stains. They are also well-known for being very user-friendly, with all of the buttons and hand controls in the correct places. Finally, they will have the ability to reach the right temperature for many different activities. For example, many handheld steam cleaners will allow you to reach over 110 degrees so you can kill bedbugs.
- 35-quart mop bucket and side-press wringer combo for cleaning floors or mopping up messes; designed for commercial use
- High-efficiency side-press wringer works with fan mop holders; down-press wringer works with fan and jaw mop holders; wringers quickly send water back down into bucket
- Made of durable polypropylene; measurement marks (in 5-quart increments) run up the inside wall of the bucket
- Loop carry handle; integrated pour handle; 4 smooth-rolling casters for quiet, convenient mobility; bright yellow color for easy visibility and added safety
- Mop-handle clip-on holder keeps mop upright in bucket; mop not included; backed by an Basics limited one-year
When it comes to floor care, some people still prefer the traditional method. Thus, as long as you do it right you really can’t go wrong with the mop and bucket combination. A small mop and bucket set will also not set you back too much financially either. Of course, a good rule of thumb when it comes to mop buckets would be to remember to always use clean water in your bucket. No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to get your floor clean if you continually use dirty water to mop it!
If you feel a mop and bucket set is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best dust cleaning spray or best outdoor cobweb duster or best electric air duster or the best gas powered leaf blower or best long handle duster or best broom and dustpan for home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What kind of mop is the healthiest option?
Microfiber is the most well-liked option since it is not only gentle but also sanitary and dries up very quickly. In addition to being breathable and absorbent, sponge is a material that performs well on smooth, non-textured flooring surfaces.
Is mopping beneficial to floor surfaces?
As a consequence of this, the germs gather and multiply rapidly, particularly when the temperature is high and during flu season. Therefore, a consistent mopping routine is essential for maintaining the cleanliness of your house. When you clean the floor, you clean the house, and when the house is clean, you have a healthier and happier home environment.
What kind of mop is ideal for use on tiles?
Tile floors benefit greatly from the use of steam mops since these mops can clean and sterilize the tile as well as the grout in a short amount of time.
The Bottom Line
Of course, whatever method you use for household cleaning, always be sure to do your research as thoroughly as possible. In that way, you will be sure to find the right cleaning tools for your needs!