Bed sheets are in everybody’s bedroom. That is why knowledge about them is essential for anyone who wants to have a good night’s sleep. The bedroom sets the tone of another day, so this area in the house has to be prepared to give the user a well-rested time.
OUR TOP PICK
- Feel the Difference - Sleep better and wake up each morning feeling refreshed and full of energy. Silky soft, most comfortable and luxurious bed sheets you can find. Best for any room in your house - bedroom, guest room, kids room, RV, vacation home. Great gift idea for men and women, Moms and Dads, Valentine's - Mother's - Father's Day and Christmas
- King Size Luxury 4pc Bed Sheets Set - 1 flat sheet 102"x105", 1 fitted sheet 78" x 80", 2 pillowcases 20"x40". Deep pocket fitted sheet with elastic all around (not just the corners, like other sheets). Fits mattresses up to 16"
- Easy Care - Fade, stain, shrink and wrinkle resistant. Machine wash in cold. Dries quick on tumble dry low. More durable than cotton
- Highest Quality Brushed Microfiber - Made of the highest quality microfiber and workmanship so you know it Lasts! Fabulous selection of colors will make your bedroom look like it belongs in a magazine
- Mellanni Lifetime Promise - Mellanni is a different kind of company that prides itself on providing the absolute best customer service in the industry. If you are not satisfied with your purchase at any point and for any reason, you can return it with no questions asked. That's the Mellanni Promise (in fact, you don't even have to send back the product)
Apart from the way which they hide everything else underneath, bed sheets symbolize how agreeable the sleep will be out of this world into direct contact with your skin as you sleep.
RECOMMENDED BED SHEETS
What to consider when buying bed sheets.
Thread count is the number of vertical and horizontal threads in a square inch of the sheet’s fabric. It’s usually denoted on the package of the bed sheet with an integer. As is typical, the higher the thread count, the softer the sheet feels.
Yarn and ply count
In a fabric, yarn refers to its weight, thickness, and the coverage of the fabric. Ply, on the other hand, is the number of individual yarns used as a single strand of a bed sheet. The number of yarns determines how heavy the bed sheets are or otherwise. Be sure to go with a yarn count of the right density so that the sheet won’t be too massive for sleeping comfort.
The material used
The material used in making the sheet is perhaps the most important metric that you should get right when solving the slumber puzzle of the ideal bed sheet. The sheet that you go for should generally be comfortable to sleep on and should also be durable. Also, the sheet material should be such that it allows air to circulate easily. While there are many sheet fabrics in the market, cotton and linen fabrics remain the kings as they generally last longer, are comfortable, and they do not affect your breathing. Silk satin sheets also merit some mention as they trap warmth, making them ideal for cold climates.
You’d want to choose a bed sheet with a color that doesn’t come off every time you wash it. This is why you should ascertain that whichever sheet you opt to go for will not fade when you use bleaches or other cleaning products. A simple way to test if your favored sheet is colorfast is rubbing it against a standard fabric such as crocking cloth.
If you feel a bed sheet is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best rug pads for jute rugs or best door lock and deadbolt combo or the best fire extinguisher system or best floor lamps for living room or thanksgiving napkins and tablecloth or best spray foam for insulation or best space heater for large drafty room or indoor electric heaters for large rooms or the best kerosene heater.
Design of the bed sheets
Bed sheets play a significant role in your overall bedroom theme and should, therefore, be chosen carefully. Settle for a set of sheet design that’s not only inviting but also complements well with your bedroom’s overall theme. This includes matching color schemes, design, and room texture.
Are you preparing to go out on the town to shop for your next bed sheets? Make sure to take the estimations of your sleeping cushion before leaving. Sleeping cushions differ in sizes, thus bed sheets. That is the reason you should note down the essential elements of your sleeping cushion. Explicitly record the good ways from the head to the foot of the sleeping cushion, its breadth, and also depth.
Coordinate your bedding
Coordination plays a significant role. Look around the bedroom and take note of the style and colors you have used for the decor. The bed sheet should coordinate with the headboard and other fabrics on the bed.
No matter what type of sheets you choose, it is essential to treat them well. Avoid using fabric softeners and overheating or drying the sheets direct under the sun.
The Bottom Line
Purchasing a set of available bed sheets is a truly worthwhile investment. Just as a good blanket provides the perfect warmth for a good night’s sleep, the right bed sheets give comfort to your skin as you sleep. The tips above will prove valuable in your endeavor to choose the best sheets from the heaps on offer, so keep them at your fingertips.