A medical alert bracelet serves two purposes, one of which is extremely important. Besides personal style, the device can be worn on the wrist for health purposes. Speaking of health purposes, these bracelets can be used to express certain medical information associated with the wearers. These may include medical various medical conditions they are suffering from such as a heart, blood, respiratory or any other.
OUR TOP PICK
- SIZE: This medical bracelet fits wrist sizes between 5.75” and 9.5.” The backside of the wristband is designed with scored lines for precise sizing. Please see instruction sizing video by clicking the video thumbnail.
- MEDICAL ALERT SYMBOL: Our medical alert bracelet features the globally recognized "Star of Life" (SOL) emblem, indicating your existing medical conditions to responders worldwide. The SOL is positioned beside the clasp, near your wrist's pulse pressure point. For added emphasis on medical care, you can opt for an acid-etched, color-filled Blue Star of Life accessory (Amazon ASIN# B09KPBYBPW), designed to slide over the band.
- ENGRAVING: This medical ID comes with a stainless-steel matte finish engraving plate. Measuring 1.8 x .78 inches (45mm x20mm), this plate size provides ample space for six lines of laser engraving, with up to 36 characters per line. Our laser engraving creates bold, high-contrast black lettering that is easily read and guaranteed not to fade.
- CLASP: This ID bracelet includes a stainless-steel matte finish, double locking security clasp, which opens accordion style to easily take the bracelet on and off
- COMPLIMENTARY BONUS: Get a 12-Month FREE Trial of Access PHR Personal Health Record—no strings attached! Effortlessly centralize medical records for travel and multi-provider care. It auto-updates your Emergency Medical Card with vital info for emergencies. This card ensures quick access to critical data and guides medical professionals to your records via a secure portal and unique ID. Simplify your health management today!
Table of Contents
But despite the important role medical bracelets play, some people do not appreciate having these gadgets for reasons best known to them. Not planning to buy an alert bracelet for reasons best known to you despite your doctor’s recommendation? Do you have a medical alert bracelet that you hate wearing for one reason or another?
Why You Should Buy a Medical Bracelet or Be Wearing One If Your Doctor Recommended That
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, here is why you should think again: It is important to understand that various health conditions can be aggravated by different foods, drinks, drugs, therapies and many other factors. For instance, processed foods, which are rich in vegetable shortening and trans-fatty acid contents, may aggravate heart condition, worsening the patient’s health problem. Likewise, drugs such as aspirin, naproxen and ibuprofen may worsen asthma.
Giving these foods or drugs obliviously to patients whose conditions are threatened by them, especially during times of emergency may worsen the patients’ health, causing them to suffer more instead of getting relief. That is where these medic alerts come in handy!
If you feel a medical alert system is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best teeth whitening kit for sensitive teeth or best razor for shaving head electric or best men’s nail clipping set or best moisturizing body wash for hard water or best beauty products.
Wearing a medical alert bracelet always, expressing your condition can help first aid providers and health providers assist you better during an emergency situation. These professionals will know what drugs to and to not give you, in order to avoid worsening your health. Apart from that, it can help restaurants serve you the right dishes that will not aggravate your condition. By the way, some high-end restaurants now offer health-conscious menus, depending on individual clients’ health conditions. These eateries train their employees in this area so that they are able to advise clients accordingly. By wearing a medical alert bracelet, displaying your heart or any other condition, the waiter or waitress may be able to give you some advice regarding the safe foods you may consume without worsening your condition.
As you can see, a medical alert bracelet is an important device to wear on your wrist at all times if you have a certain health condition. Not only does it help first aid providers and doctors assist you properly during a time of emergency, but it also enables some restaurants to serve you safe foods, depending on your condition.
Characteristics of a Good Medical Alert Bracelet
If the above information convinced you to buy a medical alert bracelet, congratulations on making the right decision to protect your health. The next part is to show you how to select a quality bracelet.
Speaking of choosing a good medical alert bracelet, you should pay attention to two factors i.e. whether the bracelet is;
- Sweat-proof and waterproof or not
- comfortable enough to wear permanently or not
A bracelet that is sweat-proof and waterproof will not be damaged by sweat or water if worn for long or if exposed to water, moisture and/or damp environment. Nevertheless, a bracelet that is comfortable enough may be worn for as long as necessary without hurting the wrist.
To find out if a bracelet is sweat-proof and waterproof or not, check for the information in the product’s features and technical specs document or simply inquire from the seller. To determine if the bracelet is as comfortable as it should be, simply test it on your wrist. You may also check out what other users are saying about comfort in several reviews.
As you have seen, a health bracelet is one of the best medical alert systems people with certain health conditions could ever use. Bracelets are tinier, more portable and cuter on the wrist compared to other similar medical alert devices that are designed for this part of the hand. If you are not planning to buy a medical alert bracelet for reasons best known to you despite your doctor’s recommendation, now you know why you should think again. So is if you have a medical alert bracelet, but hate wearing it for one reason or another.