The Singer 1304 Start Free Arm Sewing Machine is a straightforward, adaptable sewing machine with a basic design.
It’s up to you to decide if the Singer 1304 Start is right for you. You can make the best choice for yourself if you know all of the facts, both good and bad, that we have laid out here.
The Singer 1304 has a sleek, curved white shell with soothing pastel blue and pink text and design, giving it a contemporary appearance. The pleasant look hides a solid, heavy-duty aluminum structure, making it easy for novices to get started.
The machine weighs less than 13 pounds, making it simple to transport.
On this Singer sewing machine’s selection dial, the six built-in stitches are labeled much like the threading instructions, making it simple to use.
- The weight is 7 pounds.
- The following are the dimensions: 13 x 7 x 11.5 inches.
- Stitches: straight, zigzag, satin, blind hem, scallop, and 4-step buttonhole are all available with a stitch width of 5 millimeters, and there are six built-in stitches: straight, zigzag, satin, blind hem, scallop, and 4-step buttonhole.
- Stitching speed is 750 stitches per minute.
- Bobbin: A mechanism for automatically winding bobbins.
- 25-year limited warranty on all parts and labor.
There are a number of accessories included with this Singer sewing machine, making it suitable for both beginners and expert sewers. It’s also a popular option for sewing projects with children.
They may be stowed in the free arm accessory storage tray with relative ease and convenience.
The following are examples of such accessories:
- Spool pins with two spools.
- Handle for transporting.
- Buttonhole that operates in four steps automatically.
- Stitch length and width may be pre-set.
- Sewing area illumination using LEDs.
- Presser foot lifter with an extra-high heel.
- A darning plate for stitching with free-motion action.
- Three presser feet that attach with a snap: an all-purpose foot, a buttonhole foot, and a zipper foot.
- A package containing needles.
- Class 15 bobbins are available.
- A screwdriver for the needle plate.
- Spool pin felts are used for spooling.
- A seam ripper and a lint brush in one convenient tool.
- An extension cable for the power line.
- The ability to control with your feet.
- A step-by-step guide to getting started.
- A user’s guide to the product.
Singer has been creating sewing machines since 1851, when it was founded by Isaac Singer, the inventor of the first functional sewing machine.
Quality items are made by the firm for all levels of expertise and forms of stitching, such as quilting and embroidery.
Sewing cases, needles, and bobbins are all included in this collection of items.
In 1910, Singer invented the world’s first electrical sewing machine and the first zig-zag sewing machine, making it a pioneer in the sewing business.
The Singer 1304 Start sewing machine is covered by a 25-year limited guarantee from the company that manufactured it. For a period of one year from the date of purchase, Singer will correct any manufacturing flaws at no cost to the customer.
Singer will give free sewing machine head replacement components for 25 years after purchase, but will charge for labor beyond that.
At no cost to you, Singer will provide new parts for your sewing machine’s electrical components, such as its motors and light assembly; the only thing you’ll have to pay for is labor.
At no charge, Singer will repair damaged belts and light bulbs as well as make any necessary changes to the machine within the first year of ownership.
Only the original owner of the sewing machine is entitled to this guarantee, which is not transferable.
If you’re looking for a sewing machine that will get your creative juices flowing, you’ll be pleased with this one from Singer.
The outside of the sewing machine is printed with simple-to-follow threading instructions. Even a novice user may get their project up and running quickly thanks to these instructions.
As there are no two projects precisely the same, the Singer 1304 Start sewing machine is versatile enough to handle a wide range.
The clearly-labeled knob allows users to effortlessly choose between the six built-in stitches.
You may use this function to stitch little to medium-sized items to hone your sewing abilities before tackling the more difficult ones.
Adding buttonholes, zippers, or straight stitching are all simple with the machine’s three included presser foot, which can be quickly snapped on and off as needed.
This Singer sewing machine’s twin spool pins enable users to sew in many colors in parallel rows.
Users can effortlessly hem clothing or add a bit of creative flare to their projects without having to invest in an embroidery machine to do so thanks to the practicality and ingenuity of the product.
Cuffs, collars, and pant hems may be tough to stitch on certain sewing machines.
It’s much easier to get to these hard-to-reach areas of clothes with the Singer 1304 Start’s retractable free arm, which saves a lot of time and effort.
Singer’s 1304 sewing machine has a solid metal frame hidden under its basic and compact body to help hold everything in place and keep the machine operating smoothly.
This sturdy framework keeps all the mechanics exactly aligned to guarantee that your stitching is skip-free. The finest aspect is that its stylish, sleek shape conceals the fact that it contains such hefty metal.
Because of the Singer 1304’s automated tensioning, automatic 4-step buttonhole, and automatic bobbin winding systems, even novice sewers won’t have to worry about getting stuck. When these responsibilities are taken out of the hands of seasoned sewers, time is saved.
These functions are very convenient and straightforward to use, however detailed instructions are either written on the machine itself or included in the handbook.
This may be seen, for example, on the machine that automatically windes thread onto the bobbin.
The Singer 1304 Start sewing machine is an excellent choice for those who are new to sewing or just want a machine that doesn’t demand a lot of time and effort to learn how to operate.
Assembling it is a breeze thanks to the detailed instructions and pictures included in the package. If you’re new to sewing, Singer offers instructional videos and online workshops to help you get up to speed.
The machine comes with a pre-installed bobbin and needle, so it’s easy to use even for a first-time user.
The instructions written on the machine for threading the machine and changing the stitches also add to the Singer 1304’s simplicity of use.
Even older children may learn to play on the Singer Start because of its simple design.
This sewing machine is convenient to take with you while you’re on the go. It’s compact and light, and the carry handle folds down for simple lifting.
Having a tiny footprint makes it easier to stow and set up in confined situations.
Keep in mind that the Singer 1304 can handle heavy-duty fleece or card material, despite its small size and weight.
The built-in LED light and built-in thread cutter are just a few of the extra features that Singer includes in this tiny, cheap machine to make sewing easy no matter where you are.
The engine is also quite smooth, making it simple to take on chores at any time of day or night. It does not produce a lot of noise when in operation, protecting you from possibly bothering your neighbours or roommates.
The needle on the Singer 1304 sewing machine is entirely controlled by the foot pedal, unlike some other sewing machines that incorporate a speed control knob.
There may be some difficulty in controlling the speed for novices or those who are accustomed to using a speed knob.
In addition, the high stitch rate of 750 stiches per minute may be difficult for newcomers to adapt to.
It’s possible for the thread in the bobbins to become caught in the bobbin casing and cause the sewing machine to stop working.
However, for those who are not accustomed to often dismantling and reassembling their sewing machines throughout projects, this may create annoyance for users who are not used with the ease with which the bobbin and casing may be taken apart to correct the jam.
To prevent bobbin jams, just remember to spin the wheel in the direction of your body rather than away from it.
While the fundamental premise of the Singer Start tries to be easy and straightforward, if you are just starting out or aren’t used to sewing machines, it may take a little more time to get rolling on this machine.
Quick-start guide and instruction manual are included with the Singer 1304 but you may need a few more minutes (maybe even many times) to thoroughly review the illustrations and instructions before you feel entirely at ease with the machine.
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Start 1304 sewing machine is basic, simple, and easy-to-use thanks to 57 Stitch Applications, all with pre-set stitch width and stitch length. Just select your stitch and start sewing
- SINGER Start 1304 Start Free Arm Model Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: This lightweight and portable machine weighs only 7 pounds, making it great for sewing in smaller spaces or taking to sewing class
- AUTOMATIC BOBBIN WINDING SEWING MACHINE: To wind a bobbin, simply follow the numbered diagram printed on top of the sewing machine. The bobbin will automatically stop turning when it's completely filled
- SINGER Start 1304 ACCESSORIES: Includes All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Darning Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Spool Pin Felts, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Power Line Cord, Foot Control, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual. Amps: 0. 6
The Singer 1304 Start sewing machine may be the best for beginners because of its welcoming design, step-by-step instructions, and automated functions that are simple to operate.
However, those who are accustomed to adjusting the pace of their sewing machine with a knob rather than with a pedal may take longer to become used to this sewing machine.
Users who wish to sew while traveling will like this sewing machine’s compact size and lightweight, robust construction.
Even though Singer gives a long term guarantee, this machine is exceptionally sturdy and intended to take on jobs while enduring through wear and tear for years to come.
- JANOME 2030 QDC REVIEW & GUIDE – W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- BEST SERGER FOR BEGINNERS – 2023 REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST COVERSTITCH MACHINE – 2023 RATINGS AND REVIEWS (w3onlineshopping.com)
- THE BEST SEWING MACHINE 2023 | REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE | W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- BROTHER 2340CV REVIEW & GUIDE – W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM