Life is full of ups and downs. After a busy day, it is important to take a rest. Rest enables both your mind and body to rejuvenate and be fresh for the next task. In essence, this is a precise illustration of the English adage that states “all work and no play make Jack a dull boy.” However, what is your preferential mode of spending your free time? Listening to music is among the best ways to hang out alone. More so, it is an awesome thing to listen to music or watch some videos on your phone when traveling on a long journey. Nevertheless, this demands you to have earphones in order not to interfere with your neighbors. But it is gravitas to note that not all earphones are suitable for you. Rather, you ought to make a good selection of an earphone that would give you an unforgettable experience. Regarding this, look no further, we got you sorted already. Be sure to check on our best earphones below for an amazing experience.
But which are the Best Earphones in the Market?
Nonetheless, it is indeed not an easy task to choose the best earphone when you have no idea of the best earphones in the market. This is why this article is here to refuge you. It offers the best earphone reviews of 2019 as well as offering you a guide to carefully lead you to the right earphone for you.
Your frequently asked (FAQ) questions have also been tacked here. Follow my lead and let me take you to the right earphone for you!
This is a Bluetooth headphone you can build on your own! It has Bose quality sound and a smart volume that ensures that the sound levels are kept safe for kids. They have Bluetooth connectivity only with IOS and you can cable to all the other devices. It has a long battery life of 15 hours and 8 hours when its lights are on. It enables you to personalize them with glamorous colored lights and swappable design inserts that are up to 18 in number with a unique app for apple devices to guide you through the hand on activities as well as the fun games.
– Enables you to personalize them for your kids.
– Has an interactive up hence no need for instructions
– They don’t come with a case
– The interactive app can only be used by apple users
The high definition bass headphones with super-transparent highs have a cord that is single-sided with oxygen-free copper cables. They use wired connectivity and have an efficient cobalt capsule. They have an ultra-high dynamic range. Using 1/8 inch connector and a ¼ inch adapter, they are able to be used majorly as studio headphones.
– They are comfortable and fit perfectly into the ears
– The cables are thin hence do not bulk around
– They are cheap
– Lack of Bluetooth connectivity means you have to maintain shorted distances
3. The Unmatched Plantronics Backbeat GO 600 Noise-Isolating Headphones, Over-The-Ear Bluetooth Headphones, Black
With just a single battery charge, the Bluetooth headphones can last up to 18 hours. They are rechargeable. They use Plantronics signature audio that delivers quality audio by balancing sound ensuring that you are kept fully entertained. They use Bluetooth connectivity giving you freedom and stress caused by the bulk cables. Over ear, Bluetooth headphones are designed with noise isolating ear cups that keep noise out of your ears enabling you to listen to high-quality sound even at low levels. You can also adjust the EQ settings to provide either bass boosted or balanced sounds.
– Has Bluetooth connectivity offering you freedom
– The noise isolating technology keeps you off distractions
– They are comfortable to the ears
– Offer quality sound
– It is not that durable. Easily scratched
– Bluetooth connectivity has hiccups at times
4. Plantronics BackBeat GO 810 Wireless Headphones, Active Noise Canceling Over Ear Headphones, Graphite Black
These over the ear headphones use Plantronics signature audio that ensures your ears are only exposed to quality sounds. They are made using noise canceling headphones that are made accessible to you via the BackBeat FIT app that ensures distractions are kept at bay. They have a long battery life of up to 22 hours when wirelessly connected via ANC and 28 hours without ANC. You are also able to customize the EQ sound settings using the Plantronics BackBeat app. They are slim with a memory form to ensure that you are as comfortable as you can ever be.
– Long battery life
– You can connect to two headphones using the same device
– The ear cups are relatively small and do not fit that accurately
– The noise cancellation ability is not that perfect
5. Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock and HDR120 Supplemental HiFi Wireless Headphone Bundle
With the affordable prices they are sold, they offer high-quality sound. They use RF technology to transmit audio which means less radiation that is really great for your health. They can be connected to a device and be listened independently off the device. This is good for people who are hard to hear as the volume on their ears won’t have to affect other people. The rechargeable batteries have a great life keeping you connected even when the power goes off.
– They are affordable headphones
– Great for hard to hear people who can increase their volume levels without interfering other people
– Great battery life
– They have these weird noises when connectivity is lost mostly within the first 60 seconds. You can, however, learn to anticipate and live with it
The quality headphones had 40 mm drivers with back earth magnets and aluminum wire voice coils cladded with copper. They are made from improved build quality and are convenient for single-side cable exit. They are able to collapse saving on space. They are made with sound isolation using circumaural design contours that cover around the ear. They are also tuned for improved detail and use mid-range definition sound technology.
– Excellent sound quality for its affordable price
– Lightweight and collapse for easy portability
– Shallow ear cups
– Permanent cord hence you cannot replace with your own
7. Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500 On-Ear Sport Headphones, Wireless Headphones with Sweat- Resistant Nano-Coating Technology by P2i, Black
These headphones have a quality sound control. Its battery is rechargeable and lasts a long time before the need for a recharge. They remain gripped to the ears, therefore, a good choice when going to the gym. They are wireless and connect quickly with any device.
– Good battery life
– Comfortable ear cups
– They are not very much durable
8. ProHT Multimedia Headphone (87051) Over-ear bass sound Stereo Headphones with volume Control and durable ear cushion, 3.5mm Miniature Jack, Black
These headphones have a powerful bass sound stereo for quality sound production for vocal music. The headband is adjustable with an extra-large cushioned ear pads that make it so comfortable you don’t want to remove them. They have luxurious fit with a broad headband and foam-cushioned ear cups to add taste to your comfort. They are compatible with any media source ranging from your phone to your PC and tablet. They offer quality sound that can be personalized to enhance the booming effect. It comes with a one year 100% warranty.
– They are affordable
– Lightweight for portability
– Soft ear padding for maximum comfort
– They are not very much durable
– The sound may be muddy at times
9. Bluetooth Headphones On-Ear, Crabot HD Stereo Wireless Headsets with Built-in Mic, 13H Playtime, Wireless Foldable Portable Headphones, Lightweight and Comfortable for Kids Adults
This headphone uses Bluetooth technology for a fast connection. It has Dual 40mm huge drivers and CSR 8635 Chip to support Hi-Fi sound and great bass experience. It is great for both kids and adults. It has soft padding and an adjustable hand band located around the ear cushion for maximum comfort. It is lightweight hence portable. It has a rechargeable battery for up to 14 hours when fully charged. This headphone comes with a microphone attached to it, therefore, can be used for multimedia purposes and in studios.
– Has a microphone allowing you to receive calls even when your phone is out of your hands’ reach
– Comfortable to the ears
– Quality sound
– Although they are noise canceling, they fail to put at bay some forms of noise
10. Panasonic Stereo Headphones with XBS Port, Integrated Volume Controller, and Lightweight Foldable Design – RP – HT227 – K- Over the ear headphones (Black and Silver)
This headphone has 28 mm diameter drivers and neodymium magnets for a quick response. An in-built XBS port magnifies sounds of low frequencies giving you that bass experience you admire so much. They have an in-cord volume control that gives you the freedom to easily control the volume. It is foldable and lightweight enhancing portability. The ear cups can be flipped away to give you single-sided monitoring. This is suitable for the disk jockeys who want to beat-match the current speaker and upcoming music track.
– It comes with a plug adapter enabling you to connect to portable audio mini jacks as well as home theater systems
– The cord is long to enable you to connect easily to your device
– It is not that durable
11. Panasonic Stereo Earbud Headphones with comfortable, clear and Powerful Sound. Includes 3.9 ft. A cord with Miniplug 3.5mm Headphone Jack – RP- HV096-K- In-Ear Earbuds
Its drivers with the strongest type of magnets, Neodymium, which provides quality bass sound output and better sound response. They have a wider frequency response of between 20Hz to 20 kHz that transmit clear and rich sound quality. They have soft earbuds that keep your ears comfortable. They are light making them easy to carry. It has a longer code of 3.9-ft threads making the connection much easier.
– Light weighted
– Quality sound produced
– More wax is produced by the ears since they feel that a foreign object has invaded
– You lose track of what’s happening on the outside world with these earphones in your ear
12. Stereo Wireless Over-ear Headphones- Hi-Fi Headphone professional black monitor Headset with 30m Range, Noise Isolation Padding, Microphone –TV, Computer, Gaming Console iPod Phone- Pyle Home PHPW5
This headphone uses wireless technology for connectivity. It is suitable for monitoring services from any space in your house. You could, for instance, use it to watch over your baby. The connection covers large spans due to the strong signals. Web chat is possible using these headphones sit has inbuilt microphones. Hi-Fi and bass are effective for quality sound transmission.
– Offer great experience for such low prices
They are not durable and earphones do not have R or L marks to make you aware of where to wear each.
You can now easily switch from over the head style to behind the head style by simply pivoting it. This is enabled by the use of headband pivots that enable it to turn at its base. It uses wire connectivity and can collapse to fit smaller spaces such as a backpack or gym bag. Has a frequency response of 5Hz to 25 kHz. The earpieces have foam cushions giving you spectacular comfort. It also has 0.125 to 0.25-inch stereo plugs.
– Great sound quality
– The heavy bass limits the quality of vocals
This headphones use wired connectivity technology with Neodymium magnets and powerful 40mm drivers for quality sound output. It covers the ears isolating noise from your ears. It uses copper cord ends in a 3.5mm plug. It has ¼ inch adapter allowing you to connect to portable mini jacks. It uses an aluminum voice coil wire cladded with copper for easier handling of power. The frequency response is wide (5 Hz to 30 kHz)
– Great sound quality
– Great headphones for monitoring your recording in the studio
– They are portable and comfortable
– The sound could be a little bit unpleasant
These headphones are sweat and water resistant hence you can rely on them when at the gym or taking a run. They use Bluetooth and NFC pairing connectivity with voice prompts that easily pairs with other devices limiting the bulk of cabling. The EQ settings provide a balanced sound quality at whatever level of volume. The rechargeable battery can store power for up to 6 hours with a single charge.
– The redesigned StayHere+ sport tips enable the headphones to stick in place during exercise
– It has an app that allows you to switch from device to device and detect the music available
– The battery life wears out easily when used for some time
After seeing the different types of earphones you could possibly acquire, how well do you choose a certain type of earphone over the other? Here are five factors to consider before purchasing these earphones.
Noise Cancellation or Noise Isolation features
– If you are living around a neighborhood full of noise or like listening to music when traveling in commuter buses, then noise cancelation pair of earphones are definitely a good choice for you. We have featured some great noise canceling earphones including Plantronics Backbeat GO 600 Noise-Isolating Headphones, Over-The-Ear Bluetooth Headphones, Black
– Ensure that the earphones you select have appreciable battery life. In this article, we have featured headphones with large power storage such as Boss BOSE build Headphones – Build-it-yourself Bluetooth Headphones for Kids with a lifespan of 15 hours to ensure that your music is not cut abruptly when you are traveling or in the gym working out
Whether the ear cups collapse or not
– When selecting the best earphone for you, you need to understand exactly where you are going to use it. If it is for multimedia use such as disk jockeying, you might want to get Koss UR-20 Home Headphones with collapsible ear cups that can enable you to compare the next track and the current output. If you are a regularly traveling person, collapsible ear cups means great portability.
– If you love working out or the current weather is just so unfit for electronics, getting the water-resistant Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, Aqua will ensure that you enjoy your music without fear of damage by water.
– In case you are engaging in activities that engage your hands so much limiting your phone usage, getting the Jabra Move Wireless Stereo Headphones- Blue will enable you to receive calls without reaching out for your phone.
Here are some frequently asked questions that are normally asked in regards to earphones together with their answers. Be sure to check out for that one question you crave to ask.
Q: What is the difference between an ear and on ear earphones?
A: In-ear earphones are the smallest of all the types. They fit perfectly into the ears. This makes them a great choice for exercising and noise isolation. The on-ear earphones are larger and sit on top of your ears which distinguish them from the former. They offer better sound, store more power and are also portable.
Q: What are the different connectivity available and which one is best?
A: You could have a corded (wire), wireless and Bluetooth connectivity. All of them have their own pros and setbacks. Corded connections are great since they lower risks of getting diseases due to radiations. However, they are only limited to shorter lengths and sound transmission is relatively low. The Bluetooth connectivity does not require any cabling and can cover more lengths. You do not necessarily need the device to be close to you. However, Bluetooth connectivity may have effects on your health.
Q: What should I look for when buying an earphone?
A: When looking for a good earphone, consider your budget, the use whether it’s for home use or portable, and what age group is going to use the earphone. For younger ages, you might want to consider buying headphones with softer ear cups such as Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for Kids- Pink.
Q: Does frequency response define quality of sound?
A: Of course not at all. This is just but a measure of response speed and has no effect on the quality of sound.
Now that you are well aware of the best earphones, what to look out for when purchasing one and your frequently asked questions have been answers, I believe that you can comfortably acquire the earphone of your choice.