In the sewing machine sector, Singer is a well-known and well-established brand, and the Quantum Stylist 9960 is one of the most popular and heavy duty computerized sewing machines on the market right now. This seems to be a wonderful machine based just on these data. Check out our review section lower down to see whether this is the case.
This singer quantum stylist 9960 computerized sewing machine, with its dimensions of 17.2 x 8.2 x 12 inches and a weight of around 20 pounds, is not intended to be carried around with you. The 9960 has a clean, sleek, and stylish appearance. The heavy-duty inner metal frame ensures that the machine is durable and powerful enough to handle thick cloth while also minimizing any friction or movement during the stitching process.
Due to the singer quantum stylist 9960’s limited throat size (6.5 inches), it will be difficult to work on large-scale projects. However, since this is a machine intended for home usage, this shouldn’t be a major issue for most users. The LCD screen performs well, showing not only the stitch design but also the width and length of the stitch as well. The screen also shows information about the project you’re working on as well as error alerts if the computer is being used improperly, which is assumed to be the case.
Contrary to popular belief, despite the fact that this is a computerized machine, it lacks a USB connector. This may be a significant inconvenience for some users since there is no option to import designs; nevertheless, there is a great variety of pre-installed designs.
When it comes to design and usefulness, the start and stop button on the singer quantum stylist 9960 is one of the most impressive features of the device. Despite the fact that most sewing machines are controlled only by the foot controller, hand controls are much more intuitive, considerably simpler to use, and enable users to simply modify the stitching pace.
This singer 9960 quantum stylist computerized sewing machine, like other current sewing machines, has a slew of cutting-edge features and comes with a broad range of attachments, including the following:
- Automatic adjustment of stitch length and breadth
- Button for raising and lowering the needle
- Extending the sewing table
- There are 19 presser feet.
- Automatic needle threader (optional).
- Bobbin system with a drop-in design
- Stitch editing is a kind of editing that involves stitching together two or more pieces of text.
- Automatic thread cutter with a single click of a button
- Thread cutter with an automatic feed
Considering that the Quantum Stylist 9960 is a computerized sewing machine, you may ask whether its usability affects its overall performance. That’s only the beginning.
Traditionalists and first-time users may be intimidated by a computerized sewing machine like the 9960’s wealth of options, but they shouldn’t be. If you have never used a sewing machine before, you should be able to figure out the machine in a few days at the most thanks to the succinct and well-written user manual that comes with the singer quantum stylist 9960 computerized portable sewing machine.
The problem is that the needles aren’t very robust and might break, so buying a second set could be a good idea.
The foot pedal works well and lets the user to sew for long periods of time, but the machine’s greatest strength is its 600 built-in stitches. The 9960’s versatility makes it ideal for stitching in a variety of ways. The 9960 also has a thread cutter and two LED lamps that are bright and strong enough to stitch at night.
There are also 13 different buttonhole patterns and five different typefaces, but the 9960 isn’t really designed for professionals or home business owners, despite the fact that it gets the job done. A simple machine with no serious problems, but it also doesn’t really stick out in any particular way either. However, the inexpensive cost justifies it.
- 2 x 8.2 x 12 inches in overall dimensions (height x width x depth)
- Product weight: twenty pounds
- There are 60 built-in designs in all.
- There are 13 different buttonhole patterns.
- There are 5 typefaces in all.
- Maximum stitching speed (in stitches per minute): 850
- Design that is effective
- The ease with which it can be used
- Affordable Price
- Exceptional performance
- Needles of poor quality
- There is no USB port.
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Let us now provide answers to some of the questions that are asked about the singer quantum stylist 9960 computerized sewing machine :
Q1. Is the singer quantum stylist 9960 machine with a low shank?
A. In addition, since the Singer 9960 is a Low Shank sewing machine, it is compatible with the nonstick foot and presser foot for Low Shank sewing machines from Singer, both of which are sold separately.
Q2. Is the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 a decent choice for beginners?
A. The singer quantum stylist 9960 computerized portable sewing machine, although not the ideal pick for novices, may be a good choice if you are an experienced sewer who needs a variety of choices.
Q3. Which bobbins is a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 compatible with?
A. A Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 machine uses class 15.
Q4. Is it possible to sew leather with the singer 9960 quantum stylist computerized sewing machine?
A. You will not need to use any extra settings on the singer 9960 sewing machine to sew through this weight of leather; however, you will need to use the needles that are specifically designed for sewing leather as well as the teflon foot that comes with the machine. You may also use heavy-duty needles, although the needles designed specifically for stitching leather are the most effective.
Q5. Is there a foot pedal on the Singer 9960?
A. If you purchase a Singer Quantum Stylist model 9960 sewing machine, you will get a foot control with your machine.
Q6. How large is the throat of the quantum stylist 9960?
A. The throat of the singer quantum 9960 machine measures 6.5 inches, which is a tiny size for quilting and other major work like as furniture upholstery. An LCD computer screen, which shows the stitch design as well as the width and length of the stitch, is included with the machine.
Singer’s Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has been receiving a lot of positive feedback online, and it is a very nice sewing machine overall. However, a few shortcomings, such as the low-quality needles and the absence of a USB connector, significantly overshadow its many advantages.
Although the 9960 is an excellent sewing machine for beginners and enthusiasts, it is not much more than that when considering its incredibly low price and the fact that the absence of a USB connector has been compensated for by the enormous number of built-in stitches and patterns.
- SINGER EM200 EMBROIDERY MACHINE REVIEW & GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST SINGER SEWING MACHINE – 2022 REVIEWED (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST SERGER FOR BEGINNERS – 2022 REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- THE BEST SEWING MACHINE 2022 | REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE | W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- EVERSEWN HERO COMPUTERIZED EMBROIDERY SEWING MACHINE (w3onlineshopping.com)