Is your goal to learn how to quilt, or to upgrade your sewing machine, to something more up-to-date?
There are more than two hundred different stitch options on the Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter Computerized Portable Sewing and Quilting Machine, and the workspace is extra-large for quilting tasks.
Still unsure whether the Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter is right for you? Take a look at the specifics provided below.
There is no doubt that the Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter has a solid, heavy-duty frame.
Weight: 37.6 pounds; simple to travel between crafting locations; stable for delicate work.
Images of the built-in stitches are clearly indicated on this sewing and quilting machine’s control panel.
With the LCD screen adjacent to the stitch selection dial, all stitch settings are clearly visible and readable. Even the stitch number may be found here.
There are also properly labeled buttons and switches for changing the machine’s various settings, including as the speed and thread trimming options.
- Total weight: 37.6 pounds
- Measurements: 22 x 9.5 x 13 inches
- There are 215 built-in stitches, including 6 automated 1-Step buttonholes, which make sewing a breeze.
- Frequency: 60 hertz
- Computerized/Mechanic: Computerized and mechanical
- Bobbin: bobbin mechanism with a “Drop & Sew” feature.
- Limited 25-year warranty on all parts and labor.
This Singer sewing and quilting machine comes with a selection of accessories that are suitable for both beginners and more experienced sewing and quilting enthusiasts alike. The following are examples of such accessories:
- Foot that serves many functions
- Zipper Foot (also known as a zipper toe).
- Buttonhole Foot with Underplate for a more traditional look.
- Hem Foot with a Blind Hem
- Satin Stitch Foot (optional).
- Seam Ripper (also known as a seam ripper)
- Lint brush (optional)
- Extending the Table (22.4-inch length x 14.4-inch width with circular sewing pin)
- The Knee Lifter is a device that lifts the knees.
- Included with the package is an Instruction Manual with Stitch Guide.
- Quick Start Guide (in PDF format)
- Power Adapter
- Foot Controller (optional).
- The Button Sewing Foot is a kind of sewing foot that is used to sew buttons.
- A package of needles.
- Bobbins are a kind of bobbin (Class 15J)
- Caps for thread spools
- Nets for threading spools
- Auxiliary Spool Pin (optional).
- Spool Pin Felt (optional).
As an added benefit, Singer supplies a number of quilting accessories with this machine, including the following:
- Embroidery Foot for Darning and Freehand Work
- Toes that are open
- A guide on quilting the edges and quilting the quilting.
- Feeding and walking foot that is even
Other characteristics of this sewing and quilting machine are as follows:
- Autopilot with electronic controls
- Speed Control Lever (optional)
- There are 13 needle positions.
- Stitch Width of 7mm
- Automatic Twin Needle Mode (automatic twin needles)
- Automatic Electronic Thread Trimmer with a built-in timer.
- Locking Stitch Button (optional).
- Thread Tension that can be adjusted
- 7-Segment Feeding System with Box Feed (Optional)
- Block Multi-Lingual Alphabet (also known as Block MLA).
- Heavy-Duty Metal Construction
- Bobbin winding system with independent bobbins
- Automatic Stitch Length and Width Adjustment
- Needle movement that can be programmed
- Discontinue Feeding
- Extending the Table
- 6 StayBright LED lights (included).
- Presser Foot Lifter with an Extra-High Presser
- Editing Memory Stitching Techniques
A 25-year limited warranty is included with the Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter Computerized Portable Sewing and Quilting Machine.
With this warranty, you’re covered for one year from the date of purchase against Singer manufacture or workmanship faults.
Singer will give free sewing machine head replacement components for 25 years after purchase, however labor will be charged.
Singer will supply free replacement parts for the machine’s motors, light assembly, wiring, switches, speed control, and other electrical components for the first five years after purchase, but will charge for work after that time has expired.
When a belt, light bulb or accessory fails within one year of purchase, Singer will repair or replace it at no cost to the customer.
In order to obtain warranty service, you must live in one of the 50 United States. This warranty is voided if a transformer is used.
Founded in 1851 and named after inventor Isaac Singer, the Singer firm has been manufacturing sewing machines ever since.
Quilting, embroidery, and other types of stitching may all benefit from their high-quality materials.
Sewing cases, needles, and bobbins are all included in this collection of items.
In 1910, Singer invented the world’s first electrical sewing machine and the first zig-zag sewing machine, making it a pioneer in the sewing business.
The Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter has a slew of features that will appeal to quilters and sewers of all skill levels, from the novice to the seasoned professional.
√ Save Time with the SwiftSmart Threading System
Take use of the SwiftSmart Threading System to Speed Up Your Sewing Process! An automated needle threader is included with this sewing and quilting machine.
Compared to other sewing machines, this function makes it easy for users to thread their needles.
A single groove on this machine directs customers to follow while they thread the needle, making it easier for them to get the job done in less time and with less aggravation.
√ Remove Fabric Easily with Programmable Needle
It is important to stop the sewing machine at the precise time you want the needle to be stopped in the up position (so that the cloth may be removed) or in the down position (to prevent the machine from continuing to stitch) (so that the project can be pivoted).
Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter may be designed to stop the needle in either the highest up or down position, which saves users the time and agony of timing things out.
√ Expandable Sewing Space for Larger Projects of All Types
For many quilters, using a sewing machine is challenging due to the lack of stitching area available on most machines.
Combined with an extension table, this Singer sewing and quilting machine offers the user 25 inches of work area.
√ Forget Needing an Extra Hand with the Knee Lifter
Pivoting on a quilting machine presents a typical challenge: how to keep the fabric in place while simultaneously raising and lowering the presser foot.
The Knee Lifter from Singer solves this difficulty by allowing the presser foot to be raised and lowered hands-free.
√ Stitch selection on LCD display screen
Your stitches can be easily tracked with this quilter’s LCD screen, despite its little size.
In addition to the stitch length and breadth, a picture of the stitch is shown on the screen, eliminating a lot of the guessing.
√ Wide Variety of Stitches
Crafters of various skill levels may choose from over 200 stitches, including nine Essential Stitches, six Stretch Stitches, 17 Quilting Stitches, 176 Decorative Stitches, and six Buttonhole Stitches.
This also gives artisans the opportunity to experiment with new designs and combinations throughout the foreseeable future!
√ Large Work Areas
Because it has a stitching area of 25 inches, this sewing and quilting machine is perfect for anybody working on a big project.
Those who want to try their hand at quilting or who have large designs in mind may appreciate the additional room.
√ Step-by-Step Instructions
Beginners who purchased a new Singer sewing and quilting machine said they were able to get up and running quickly thanks to the supplied instructions and the machine’s clear markings.
As a beginner, it might be difficult to get your new pastime off the ground if you have difficulty setting up your equipment.
√ Effortless and durable
The Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter has a sleek style, yet it is supported by a robust frame that is built to handle huge and complex quilts.
Sewers who are ready to sew heavier fabrics and materials will like that they don’t have to update their machines to do so, which is a huge convenience.
The Singer 8500 sewing machine does not skip or hop, eliminating the need to patch any snags that can arise from a jumpy machine.
√ Bobbin-Related Issues
Some customers have complained that the “Drop and Sew” bobbin mechanism, despite its convenience, causes tangled thread, making it difficult to re-thread the bobbin.
√ Leaks in the machine’s oil supply
The oil in this sewing and quilting machine has leaked onto the creations of some users.
In the event of a leak, the craftsperson should be on the lookout and take use of the guarantee for replacement components.
√ Outside of North America, this product is not for sale
Because of the voltage requirements, this sewing and quilting machine cannot be used outside of the United States and Canada by quilters in Europe, Australia, or South America.
As the usage of a transformer destroys Singer’s guarantee, the company does not endorse it as a workaround.
- Automatic needle threader and Drop & Sew bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up. Helpful Hint: To secure thread, pull both threads to the backside of the fabric and tie together.
- 98 built-in stitches with seven fully automatic one-step buttonholes provide endless project possibilities
- Programmable needle up/down and drop feed make quilting fun and easy
- Four bonus quilting feet and an extension table create the winning quilting combination
- Electronic twin needle control and adjustable stitch length and width allow you to customize your projects. 110 volt sewing machine designed for United States and Canadian use only. . Amps: 0. 62
Let us now provide answers to some of the questions that are asked about the singer 8500q modern quilter machine:
Q1. Was there a significant difference in performance between a standard sewing machine and a quilting machine?
A. The basic difference between a quilting machine and a sewing machine is that a quilting machine has a greater variety of add-ons and features that a conventional sewing machine does not have. In comparison to a standard sewing machine, the working area of a quilting machine is much larger.
Q2. Is it possible to use any kind of sewing machine for quilting?
A. A standard sewing machine may be used to make quilts. With the machine you already have; provided, of course, that you have the necessary tools and are willing to learn. There are two methods for doing so: straight-line quilting with a walking foot or free motion quilting with a free motion quilting foot, which allows you to create whatever pattern you choose.
Everyone in the United States and Canada who is looking for a new sewing and quilting machine should consider purchasing the Singer 8500Q Modern Quilter Sewing and Quilting Machine.
It has a variety of beneficial features and a guarantee that takes care of any worries we could have regarding any problems.
- SINGER 3232 SEWING MACHINE REVIEW & GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST SERGER FOR BEGINNERS – 2022 REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST COVERSTITCH MACHINE – 2022 RATINGS AND REVIEWS (w3onlineshopping.com)
- THE BEST SEWING MACHINE 2022 | REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE | W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- BROTHER PE800 EMBROIDERY MACHINE REVIEWS & GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)