Are you opting to be carrying your lunch to school, workplace, or during a picnic? Well you should get yourself a lunch box. Lunch is an essential meal of the day. Some people prefer home-packed meals rather than walking to the nearest fast food joint or restaurant close to them. Packed lunch is a good option because one can closely monitor their diets. Additionally, packed lunch also saves one a great deal of money that can be used for other purposes.
OUR TOP PICK
- 【Multi use electric lunch box】12V/24V suitable for car and truck use, 110V for home and office plug, People will be able to enjoy hot homemade food in the car or office
- 【Easy to use】Get it plugged 30mins to 60mins before mealtime for heating, you will having a hot food and don't have to pay for fast food. Tips: recommend adding some stock or water for heating up food faster and evenly
- 【Easy To Clean】A 1.5L removable container and a 0.45L plastic box for fruit storage, they are dishwasher safe. Warm Tips: Don't cleaning the heating base with water, Don't add water to the heating base to avoid short circuits
- 【Sealing Lid】Leak-proof seal gasket is installed on the lid for a better seal to prevent liquid food spill out during bumps. For closing the cover properly and smoother, please lock the short snaps first and then lock the long snaps. Do not turn the lunchbox upside down to avoid liquid leak out from the steam port on the lid
- 【Contains】AN 1.5L removable 304 stainless steel tray,a 0.45L plastic compartment, a stainless steel knife/fork and a spoon, 1 x house/office plug, 1 x car/truck plug, to meet all your dining needs
There are a variety of foods that are suitable to be carried in a lunch box. These foods include; fresh fruits, vegetables, foods rich in protein like boiled eggs, pieces of lean meat, nut paste, dairy foods like yogurt or milk, water, and starchy food like crackers or bread. Placing various varieties of food in your lunch box ensures that one takes a balanced diet and keeps watch of what one eats. One can also opt to carry frozen foods. Some of the foods that are suitable to freeze are bread, cooked meat, baked beans, mashed eggs, cheese, or peanut butter.
If you feel a lunch tote is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best water storage containers for camping or best rated ice buckets or best plastic containers for freezing food or best glass food storage containers for freezer or best container for sourdough or best dog food storage bin.
Table of Contents
Lunch box and different types of lunch boxes
A lunch tote is essential in ensuring that ones’ food is safe and fresh during carriage and at the time of consumption. It is very vital to choose a lunch box that will best suit ones’ needs and large enough to accommodate the food and drinks that one wishes to carry. There are a variety of lunch containers available designed to meet the various unique needs of different people. One can use an insulated lunch box or a traditional lunch box.
Traditional lunch box
A conventional lunch containers usually has one compartment that is used to store all the food. Traditional lunch boxes are either made of stainless steel or plastic material. The are several advantages associated with conventional lunch containers. These are;
- They are cheap. The conventional lunch containers are usually readily available and at a low price. The low-price range saves one a lot of money.
- They are readily available. Unlike the sophisticated and classy lunch containers like insulated containers, the traditional lunch containers are readily available in the market.
- The traditional lunch is an excellent choice when one does not need to carry a lot of foodstuffs.
An insulated lunch boxes
Carrying food in an insulated lunch box is one way of bringing food to school or the place of work. The insulated lunch boxes are designed such that they maintain the food temperature for a long time and ensure that the food stays fresh for a considerable amount of time. Insulated lunch boxes have got two layers with a vacuum between them that ensures that the temperature of the stored food remains constant. The following are some of the advantages that are associated with carrying food using an insulated lunch box.
- Keeps food at the desired temperatures: The insulated lunch box is designed to maintain the temperature of the food for a more extended period. If the food is either cold or hot, the covered lunch will maintain its original temperature so that one enjoys the food as they desire. This feature of the lunch boxes saves one a lot of time looking for a microwave to heat the food or worrying that the frozen food carried from will unfreeze before lunchtime.
- Ensures on sticks to a healthy diet: While taking food to take to the workplace, picnic, or for children to take to school, it is always very crucial to pack a balanced diet. Packing food for oneself or others is very beneficial in that one will control the amount of each type of food that is packed. The insulated lunch boxes usually have several food storage areas that help one to pack a variety of foods like proteins, starchy foods, fruits, and drinks in one box.
- Saves one a lot of money: Buying food each day from a fast food joint or a restaurant can be economically overwhelming at times. Additionally, the insulated lunch boxes save one money used in buying plastic sandwich bags that are usually disposed of after use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How do you clean a lunch box?
To thoroughly clean a lunch box, all you need is a sponge, some warm soapy water, and a little elbow grease. Hang to dry in the inverted position. Simply placing baking soda inside of a nasty lunch box or bag and leaving it there overnight can deodorize it. The next morning, empty it out and wipe it clean before using it again.
How effective are insulated lunch bags?
Insulated lunch bags are superior to conventional paper or plastic lunch bags in terms of their ability to maintain the temperature of the food within for a much longer period of time, hence preventing the food from going bad. Insulated lunch bags are superior to standard lunch boxes in terms of their ability to maintain heat and freshness due to the insulation that they offer.
What is the recommended cleaning schedule for my lunchbox?
It must be washed every day. You should use some soap and water to clean the inside of your lunch box, and you should also give the handle and the exterior of the box a wipe down if they are dirty. Scrub any spillage that may have occurred and make sure you reach every area.
The Bottom Line
Lunch boxes are vital for one who chooses to carry food to the office, school, or when going out for a picnic. There are various lunch pails to choose from like the traditional lunch containers or the insulated lunch box. It is, therefore, essential to make a wise selection before purchasing a lunch box.