The usage of a leaf blower is not similar to rocket science. However, there is a wrong and right way regarding the procedure of blowing leaves efficiently.
OUR TOP PICK
- Tool only, Battery sold separately
- 3-speed variable speed switch of the cordless blower provides control and versatility
- Variable speed trigger allows adjustment of blowing power during use
- Trigger lock-on reduces end user fatigue
- Lightweight compact design allows use in space restricted areas. Battery sold separately
There are three kinds of primary leaf blower types, and all have various effective techniques. Besides, each is working differently, and thus there is a necessity of understanding all the differences. More also, you will also end up following the various safe practices before you consider using them. Incorrect use of a blower is frustrating since you will end up feeling as if you are doing nothing rather than chasing leaves in the yard.
In this article, you will go through some tricks and tips that will assist you in getting started. As usual, there is a need for consulting the owner’s manual to get the essential practices from your product’s manufacturer.
If you feel a leaf blower is not for you, have a look at our guide and reviews of the best budget cyclone dust collector or best vacuum cleaners brands or best roof rake for snow or best extended handle duster or best mop and buckets or best mop amazon or the best broom and dustpan.
The Right Equipment: Backpack or Handheld
Leaf blowers are appearing in many different varieties. There are many smaller hand help leaf blowers while there are also medium-sized backpack leaf blowers. Besides, there are also various sizeable commercial leaf blowers push. Each of the different leaf blowers is bearing benefits and their intended uses.
- POWERFUL ENGINE: High performance 25cc 2-cycle lightweight engine with air volume and air speed up to 430 csm/200 mph. Work more efficiently and effectively on yard work, lawn care, and other projects.
- EASY-START TECHNOLOGY: Faster starts with 3 simple steps: prime, choke, and pull.
- USER-FRIENDLY ENGAGEMENT: User friendly features such as the lightweight design to reduce user fatigue, variable speed throttle for more control, and the translucent tank to tell you when to refuel. Designed to make you work smarter and not harder.
- EXTENDED NOZZLE: Extended nozzle with integrated scraper provides more precise blowing to help clear stubborn leaves and debris making you well equipped to take on those hard to reach areas.
- 2-CYCLE ENGINE OIL: Oil included with purchase for your convenience.
It is a blower that is intended for an individual’s bearing a small yard or is using a leaf blower sparingly. Besides, it is not offering as much power as the other blowers are offering. However, it will assist in clearing grass clippings and leaves from patios, driveways, and sidewalks without having to strain at all. Furthermore, its weight is also supported using arms and hands. As a result, they are with a lot of toughness as a result of using them for an extended period.
- X-torque engine: the x-torque engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20%
- Utilize full blow force with minimal Arm strain: The offset handle makes the blow forces easier to control By preventing the arm from being pulled downwards
- Lowvib: dampeners between the engine and chassis effectively reduce vibrations. Idling speed: 2200 RPM
- Ergonomic harness system: Padded harness and hipbelt is shaped to fit the contours of the operator
- Cruise control: variable speed throttle with cruise control can be set for easier handling.Air flow in housing: 692.17 CFM
A backpack leaf blower is usually worn on one’s back and is in use in more significant jobs. The products are more substantial and more prominent, and as a result of this, they are providing better ergonomics for the sake of using them more naturally.
There are backpack leaf blowers that are very strong and are in use for light-weighted commercial use. They are super convenient, especially if a person is owning a lawn care business such as helping of neighbors or even owning property.
Push Leaf Blowers
- PROFESSIONAL SPECS; This Lea/(LIGHT SNOW BLOWER) Wheeled Walk Behind Blower has an all-powerful 7Hp 212cc 4 Stroke Single Cylinder OHV Gas Engine, that provides excellent power to weight ratio performance, where it counts; Max Output Power of 4.1 kW, Wind Force Speed of 150-200 MPH/ 1270-2000 CFM, with a High Max Rotation Speed of 3600RPMs and a Heavy Duty Industrial size 13.5” (340mm) Metal Impeller, that will empower you to have ultimate control of maintaining your land
- EFFICIENT and DURABLE DESIGN; Our Jet Sweep Blowers are great for Garden and Lawn applications, making it easy and simple to pileup leaves/debris. Built w/ heavy-duty powered coated heat-treated rust resistant steel, for this Blower to last many seasons; The engine runs excellent on Unleaded 87 octane Gasoline (10% or less ETHANOL recommended); Max capacity of 0.7 gallons, included: (2) Rugged All Terrain 10” inch Rear Wheels, an 8” inch 360° Swivel Front Wheel and a 90° Adjustable Flow Angle
- SAFETY and PROPER USE; The engine is designed to ensure the operator's safety; Always operate the machine according to directions in the user manual, always wear the appropriate ANSI standard hand and eye protection (ENGINE OIL NOT INCLUDED, MUST ADD UPON UN-BOXING); ONLY use this Blower for Lawn/garden applications; Our Blowers are EPA Certified/CARB Compliant
These are blowers that are typically used for more heavy commercial use since they are quite expensive and are providing many TONS of the blowing power. Besides, it is unlikely for a residential user to be requiring a leaf blower while moving a lot of air. While one is owning many acres of land acres or owning a landscape business, it is the best solution for one to consider making.
Choosing Your Strategy
Before considering using a leaf blower, there are a few tips that are worth considering including:
- Wearing safety goggles at all times.
- Use of earplugs though extended use will end up impacting on one’s hearing
- Work gloves help in reducing vibration and assists with calluses
- Wearing a long-sleeved shirt and long pants
There is no necessity of ever pointing the leaf blower at either pets or people. Therefore, you will be looking at it at the ground in which you are intending moving leaves and other different debris. Unless you wish moving dirt, there is no necessity of pointing it at various big piles of dirt, and it will end up, resulting in dust clouds. Besides, you need to avoid using the leaf blower od driveways that are in gravel nature. As a result, you will not be blowing hazardous items, especially in the air. Next, you need to be creating a strategy to move the leaves and also other various debris.
- Scanning of the cleanup area is the most appropriate way of tackling the job
- Having a mind target area will assist in the movement of leaves in a similar direction, thus making it more comfortable for one to avoid duplicate work.
- Mapping out the way and in which direction one will be moving debris and leaves
- Making sure you end up finding a landing place for use by the various piles near the disposal area.
It will end up ensuring that when you are done with blowing, you will be cleaning up with ease without necessarily walking back and forth in the leaf piles present in the area of disposal.
Timing is Necessary
There is a necessity of considering the weather and the time of the year. Dry leaves 31are blown with more ease, which is contrary to the wet leaves. Therefore, there is no necessity of planning the yard work, especially after a day after the rains. As a result, you need to wait and ensure that everything ends up drying first.,
As a result, it is difficult and inefficient for a person to consider blowing leaves while in need of them and when it is highly winding out since one will be fighting against various opposing forces,
More also, ensure you are never using a leaf blower, especially after treatment of the yard with fertilizer, herbicides, and pesticides. It may end up opposing a health risk to you or even others through contamination of the air with various dangerous chemicals.
Neighbors and Noise
While you may need to rise early and look toward tackling the yard work, you might consider much more than what is convincing you. As a result, you will end up saving yourself some grief from various neighbors, especially those who may wish to sleep in.
Using Consistent Technique
The technique you are using in the process of blowing leaves will be depending on the kind of leaf blower that a person purchases. The various handheld leaf blowers are varying from the backpack leaf blowers, and every manufacturer is suggesting that the user also varies.
Following various generic guidelines will assist you in solidifying a great technique and also keeping it consistent. Working in a similar direction as the wind will assist you in achieving the most useful results without necessarily having to fight with nature.
The Bottom Line
You now have the various types of leaf blowers present in the market., Besides, you also have multiple tips to consider while buying a leaf blower. Therefore, it is upon you to determine on the kind of leaf blower that is pleasing you most. As a result, you need to consider making your leaf blower purchase today.