Are you interested in the history of online shopping and it’s evolution through out the years? Are you curious as to the origins of the niche we now call e commerce and a breakdown of the numbers behind its existence?
What are the early events in the history of online shopping?
An entrepreneur based in the United Kingdom, Michael Aldrich, developed videotex. This was a technology that enabled business transactions to be processed in real time via a modified domestic television. The system had functions similar to what modern e commerce and social media sites have today in rudimentary form.
Aldrich would then launch an office based system for Redifon and a host of other business’ . This technology enabled them to send communication externally between customers and agents and internally between suppliers, service providers and distributors.
What are the defining moments in the early stages of online shopping?
Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, would quit his wall street job to launch an online bookstore called Amazon. Similarly eBay and a host of other pioneer online shopping platforms were being developed and launched.
Texas and Idaho take the lead when it comes to cyber Monday while California and New York have the largest sales volumes on black Friday. In 2018 cyber Monday accounted for over $8 billion in sales whereas Black Friday saw at least double that amount.
63% of shoppers in Colorado and Illinois have stated that they must view a variety of online reviews before they make a purchase. 40% of these respondents also admitted to posting their online purchases on their social media pages.
87% of residents in Montana and Pennsylvania believe that pricing is the number one determinant of whether they would complete an online sale. This factor was closely followed by the shipping cost and speed of delivery.
In 2013 mobile sales accounted for $1.3 trillion of all the sales in the United States with Florida and Wyoming seeing over 15% of the total sale. This figure is estimated to quadruple to over $6 trillion by 2020.
1. Will I receive free shipping for all of my orders of just one?
Only the item that has been tagged with the free shipping element is valid for that offer. All other items lacking the free shipping tag will have their rates tallied separately.
2. When will my order arrive?
All orders are shipped within 5 to 7 business days excluding holidays.
3. How do I place my order?
Add your preferred item to the shopping cart and checkout once you are satisfied with your order.
4. Is it possible to remove an item from my shopping cart?
Yes. There is a delete icon placed under the image of your preferred item.
5. Is it safe to shop online?
Yes. But only from verified vendors.
6. Will my information be stolen if I shop online?
You should always take precaution and shop on verified platforms with buyer protection policies.
7. My order was delivered broken, can I return it?
Yes. Contact our customer care with your order number.
8. Can anybody help me find out if my order is late?
Yes. Select the tracking icon on your order list.
9. How do I know if the product fits?
Select our size guide and use it to determine your fit.
10. Are any of these brands authentic?
Yes. Every vendor has been reviewed and quality is ascertained.
11. Is there any way to get a discount when shopping online?
Yes. Select items bearing a discount tag.
12. Who can I talk to about my delayed order?
Please contact our customer care agent.
13. My shipping address has changed, what can I do?
Review your profile page and make necessary adjustments.
14. Do I have to pay immediately after checkout?
You only pay upfront for selected vendors.
15. I want to track my order, is this possible?
Yes. Select the tracking icon next to the image of your order.
Online shopping has definitely come a long way. As a matter of fact it is almost unbelievable that you can now order a product and receive same day shipping.
Here are a few predictions of what industry experts believe will happen to online shopping.
Online stores and brick and mortar stores are slowly merging to form experience stores where consumers can get even more information regarding the products on offer
Online shopping isn’t a fad anymore. It is a raging force that must be taken seriously if any business wants to remain relevant in the years to come.
Hopefully this information will serve you well.
- Best Reviews:Comprehensive Study & Product Review
- Best Product Reviews & Consumer Guide | w3onlineshopping.com
- The Best Blog for Online Shops and e-Commerce
- Kitchen and Dining : Reviews & Recommendation
- Home and Garden: Reviews & Recommendation | w3onlineshopping
- Electronics – Best Electronics Product Reviews
- Baby & Toodler Products Reviews and Advice | w3 online shopping