The Brother SE1800 is one of the newer combination machines (embroidery and sewing) that we’ve had the pleasure of using, and it hasn’t disappointed. The brother embroidery machine has a lot to offer, even if it isn’t for everyone’s budget.
- 1 x 19.8 x 19.1 inches in overall dimensions (height x width x depth)
- Product weight (in pounds): 39.5
- There are 136 built-in designs in all.
- Sewing stitches pre-installed: 184
- Total number of fonts: three
- The embroidery area measurements (hoop size) are: 5′′x7′′ hoop and 5′′x12′′ hoop.
- Maximum stitching speed (in stitches per minute): 850
- Rotation of the pattern: 1, 10, and 90 degrees
The brother se1800 sewing and embroidery machine has a sleek, business-like appearance. Although the device’s size (22.11 x 19.8 x 19.1 inches) and weight (39.5 pounds) may imply otherwise, the sleek lines and light color palette should be enough to please the aesthetics-conscious consumer.
An all-in-one machine, the brother se1800 is capable of handling huge embroidery and sewing jobs.
The big 5×7 embroidery surface allows for a variety of patterns to be stitched, but the most significant feature is the inclusion of two hoop sizes and a 5×12 inch hoop that can be moved around with ease. This machine might have used a bigger hoop, but it should enough for most users.
Additionally, the brother se1800 sewing and embroidery machine has 136 built-in embroidery patterns, including flowers and quilt motifs. Additionally, there are 10 various frame forms and 12 border styles to choose from. The machine’s design editing tools allow for the rotation and modification of designs.
Stitches like smocking, scalloping, and shell tuck are among the 184 in this amazing collection. Users may also import embroidery patterns through the USB port or via a USB stick using the required software, and of course, the user can create them.
Customized or built-in designs may be simply coupled with six different types of typography provided in the package: six fonts (including script, outline, and serif fonts). For optimal speed and convenience, ten various varieties of pre-punched buttonholes are pre-sized automatically.
Lastly, the protective carrying case is a stunning addition — it’s well-made and stylish while still being really useful and portable. Even if you don’t plan on traveling with your computer, the case will keep it safe from the elements.
There are a few additional items worth mentioning in addition to those already stated. In addition to a brother sewing machine, the package includes an embroidering foot and an embroidered thread spool.
Although the brother se1800 sewing & embroidery machine excels in terms of aesthetics, it is performance that is most important. So, let’s see how well this equipment works together.
There is a lot to like about SE1800’s sideways stitching option. It enables the user to stitch horizontally, which means less fabric rotation, which means the brother se1800 sewing and embroidery machine will get the job done a lot quicker than other combo machines on the market. This is a terrific feature.
Although the conventional backlit LCD display panel isn’t very impressive, it gets the job done and is both straightforward and simple to use. There are several stitches that may be selected, and the user can begin stitching right away. Fortunately, the screen on Brother’s models is situated in a handy location, making navigation a breeze.
Buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button fitting, stitch guide, adjustable zipper/piping, non-stick, and open-toe feet are among the many options for quick-change feet. To aid in situating various patterns and stitching on darker materials, the workspace has a high level of illumination.
This vehicle has a handy location for both the start/stop button and the speed-control button. Stitching may be stopped and started with more accuracy using the start/stop button.
You push the lever on SE1800’s side, and the thread passes into the eye of the needle. Brother calls this the “Advanced Easy Needle Threading System,” and even though the term is flashy and over the top, it works beautifully.
The clear-view bobbin and bobbin cover make the bobbin system even better, since they enable the user to see whether they’re running short on thread or not.
Everything considered, the brother embroidery machine se1800 is an excellent all-around machine. However, it may not be within everyone’s price range.
- Convenience in usage
- Outstanding overall performance
- Overall cost
- Expansive 5x7 inch embroidery field provides space for larger designs, along with a 5x12 inch multi-position frame allows you to combine designs with less rehooping. View designs and editing options on the large, backlit LCD display screen.
- Includes 136 built-in embroidery designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts. Designs include beautiful scrollwork, florals and quilt patterns, plus 10 frame shapes with 12 border styles.
- 184 built-in sewing stitches, with 10 buttonhole styles and an extensive array of decorative stitches such as scallop, smocking, shell tuck, heirloom and drawnwork. Use the sideways sewing feature for applique and cylindrical sewing. Design your own decorative sewing stitches with the My Custom Stitch feature, and use the sideways sewing feature for applique and cylindrical sewing.
- Virtually unlimited embroidery design options, with built-in memory. Import designs with a USB stick (not included), and store your purchased or custom edited designs to built-in memory, for future use.
- Includes hard machine case and 11 sewing feet, with a buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button fitting, stitch guide, adjustable zipper piping, non-stick and open-toe feet.
Let us now provide answers to some of the questions that are asked about the brother se1800 sewing and embroidery machine:
A. Sewing machines, on the other hand, allow for ordinary stitching, often known as construction stitching, while embroidery machines allow for embroidered stitches. It’s possible to use a combined machine to sew two kinds of material…. Attachments that enable for embroidered sewing are the main distinction.
The Brother SE1800 is an excellent sewing/embroidery machine that offers about everything a home-based company or a hobbyist may want. The efficient design and excellent performance are the icing on the cake, but the other features are a nice bonus.
It’s not the SE1800’s best feature, but it gets the job done just well. Because of this, the only probable drawback is the cost, but if you’re ready to pay for it – you’ll receive more than you paid for and more than you expected.
- BROTHER ST371HD vs SINGER 4411 – W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- BEST SERGER FOR BEGINNERS – 2023 REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST COVERSTITCH MACHINE – 2023 RATINGS AND REVIEWS (w3onlineshopping.com)
- THE BEST SEWING MACHINE 2023 | REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE | W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- JANOME MOD-30 REVIEW & GUIDE – W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM