When it comes to purchasing a sewing serger that is both professional and user-friendly, the brand Brother is an unavoidable option. We understand your need for excellence in stitch quality as well as your desire for your serger to provide results as quickly as possible. Without a doubt, you like the ease of use that a user-friendly serger provides!
In the Brother Serger family, we wanted to make sure that we were looking at the most up-to-date models that would be able to meet all of your fundamental criteria for a serger. The expected outcome is what made our brains tingle. Following a thorough examination of the Brother sergers, we discovered two models, the Brother 1034D and the Brother 1034DX, that may be suitable for your needs.
We believed that you should be aware of your requirements before purchasing the most professional serger available from Brother. As a result, you may compare your Brother Serger and settle your choice of model. But, in order to do so, you must get to know the sergers up up and personal. Let’s start with the Brother 1034D and the Brother 1034DX, each in its own section.
√ Dimensions of the unit: 11.73″ x 10.98″ x 13.19″
√ 13.45 lb is the total weight of the package.
√ Thread-changing capability for two, three, or four threads.
√ Differential feed ranges from 0.7 to 2.0mm.
√ 1300 stitches per minute is the maximum sewing speed.
√ The number of needles is two.
√ Overlock seam width ranges from 5.0 to 7.0mm.
√ Stitch length: 2.0 – 4.0mm.
√ Warranty: 1/5/25 Year Limited Serger Warranty from the manufacturer.
√ Knife Drivers are classified as lower drive.
√ Dial is the kind of stitch selection.
√ Bulb is the kind of lighting used.
√ Yes, there is storage space for accessories.
√ There is no facility for thread changing.
- Options include 4-thread and 3-thread overlock stitches, a narrow and rolling hem stitch, and ribbon lock stitches, among other things.
- Using color-coded threading is simple.
- Differential fabric feed aids in the creation of a better stitch.
- A dial for adjusting the pressure of the presser foot is useful.
- Two-point thread tension control device: This device allows for more consistent thread delivery while also allowing for independent adjustment of thread tension for each needle.
- Free Arm: This is useful for sewing the cuffs and sleeves on the garment.
- Knife blade with a retractable handle: This feature helps to reduce the possibility of unintended fabric damage.
- Working place with plenty of natural light.
- Because the front cover remains open, a safety function inhibits operation.
- Standard sewing machine needles are used in this machine.
- Instructional CD and instructions in both English and Spanish.
- It’s simple to thread.
- It is simple to understand the mechanism.
- Needles that are compatible with sewing machine needles
- It is reasonably priced.
- All sorts of materials are compatible with this product.
- It is necessary to lubricate the bearings from time to time.
- All of the control options are located on the left side of the screen.
√ Detailed product parameters are as follows: 13 by 15.2 by 14.5 inches.
√ Weight: 16.4 lbs.
√ Storage space for extras.
√ Pressure may be adjusted by adjusting the foot pressure.
√ LED is the kind of lighting used.
√ A stitch selection is already included.
√ The voltage is 110V and is CSA/UL listed.
√ No capability for changing threads on the second, third, and fourth threads.
√ Stitch length ranges from 2.0 to 4.0mm.
√ Stitch width ranges from 5.0 to 7.0 mm.
√ Threader for the Underlooper.
√ Finger-1 should be stitched.
√ Warranty: 1/5/25 years limited warranty on parts and labor.
√ From the left needle, the overlock seam width should be between 5.0 and 7.0mm.
√ Knife driver of the lower kind.
√ There is no facility for thread changing.
- Flexible thread selections – quickly choose between three and four threads.
- Suitable for both knits as well as woven cloth applications.
- Three different serger feet are available, including a blind hem stitch foot, a gathering foot, and a normal foot.
- There are four tiny spools of serger thread.
- The space is lighted with LED lights.
- There is a machine cover available.
- Instructional videos are quite effective.
- Sewing machine needles that are standard in size are used.
- Its 3/4 function is straightforward to thread.
- Both beginners and experts will benefit from this machine.
- At a reasonable cost.
- Low-resolution video lesson on how to do anything.
- The usage of roll hems is limited.
|Factors||Brother 1034d Serger||Brother 1034dx Serger|
|Color coded threading.||yes.||yes.|
|Speed.||1300 stitches/minute.||1300 stitches/minute.|
|Mechanism.||3/4 thread, two-needle machines.||3/4 thread, two-needle machines.|
|Warranty.||25 years warranty.||25 years warranty.|
|Factors||Brother 1034D||Brother 1034DX|
|User-friendliness.||Better for left handers.||Better for right handers.|
|Stitch length.||2mm to 4mm.||Additional 1mm to 2mm narrow stitch and a 1mm roll stitch.|
Most fabric types can be finished with this machine, making it an excellent tool for garment creation. Stitching Needles: Sizes 75/11 – 100/16 home machine needles (130/705 H/HAx1 / 15×1).
The Brother 1034DX is a 3/4 thread serger, not a cover stitch machine.
Compared to the 1034D, the 1034DX’s differential feed and stitch length settings are located on the right side of the machine. In addition, the LED illumination in the more recent model is brighter than that in the older model’s incandescent bulb.
In addition to completing the hems and edges of many different materials, including formal wear, linens, and stretchy fabrics, the Brother 1034D Serger is ideal for making ruffles, ornamental edges, and cuffs.
Definitely, the Brother 1034D is capable of working with a wide range of fabrics. Even with the optional presser foot, it still cannot handle all types of stitches. Let’s have a look at how to hem a t-shirt using a cover stitch…. It’s a cover stitching machine.
In addition to a 3/4 lay-in thread system, the Brother 1034D serger has a lower looper threader. It is possible to sew using a wide variety of stitch types, including four-thread and three-thread overlocks as well as thin, rolling and ribbon locks. For blind hem pin tuck and flat lock stitches, you may buy additional sewing accessories like presser feet for your sewing machine
We discovered that comparing both the Brother 1034D and the Brother 1034DX was a difficult assignment to do. Still, we believe that when it comes to purchasing a serger, the most crucial element to consider is the user’s comfort. It is possible to utilize either a right or a left hand with some precise judgment, and this may be a pure affinity for either.
There is a $0.99 variation in pricing between these two Brother machines. The Brother 1034DX model has a few more functions as well, however this does not show that it is better to the other models. It is thus preferable to keep to a budget and user comfort while shopping for the most appropriate Bother Serger for your needs.
Instead of focusing on the previous customers’ ratings, We highly advise you to concentrate on your own level of comfort.
- BEST BROTHER SEWING MACHINE FOR BEGINNERS–2023 REVIEWS (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST SERGER FOR BEGINNERS – 2023 REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE (w3onlineshopping.com)
- BEST COVERSTITCH MACHINE – 2023 RATINGS AND REVIEWS (w3onlineshopping.com)
- THE BEST SEWING MACHINE 2023 | REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE | W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM
- BERNETTE B38 REVIEW & GUIDE– W3ONLINESHOPPING.COM